Just A Little Note

I had a vision for this card when I saw the weekly Mojo Monday Sketch and I got started. Then I began to have doubts and the game of second guessing myself set in. Has this ever happened to you? It happens to everyone from time to time, and I think it is just part of the creative process.  It is how we learn and grow and stretch our creativity. I hate to waste materials, but I'm not afraid to admit defeat when an idea doesn't translate well. Sometimes those ideas are set aside while I "ponder" what to do, but most often those projects hit the trash can. However, sometimes I just stick with it to see what happens. This card is one of THOSE times! With all the "components" spread out before me, I wasn't too confident I would like the finished card. I was wrong. It really came together in the final stretch ... those little added touches did the trick I think. What do you think? I'd love to know ... and I love to read your comments!

STAR POWER:
  • The Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder is a favorite of mine because it is so versatile. It's one of those "go to" items that goes with practically everything.
  • My first response to Blushing Bride, one of our new In-Colors: "Another PINK?"  Not so fast. This is sort of a subtle peachy-pink, as opposed to a pinky-pink. I have now decided I really like this color! You'll be seeing it again (and again!).
  • Using both flower images from the set, I hand cut the smaller flower and layered it onto the larger flower using Stampin' Dimensionals. In the center I placed a teeny, tiny Basic Pearl.
  • The Word Window punch is cute on its own, but I love to pair it with the Modern Label punch. It really helped on this card to give the sentiment a "boost".
  • Three words: Basic Pearls Jewels. Sweet, adorable, elegant, and adhesive backed! No muss, no fuss.
The Apple Blossoms stamp set is one of our Level Two Hostess Sets. I've got several cute ideas for this set and can't wait to share them.  You can earn this exclusive hostess set with a qualifying workshop of just $300 or more. Are you ready for a fun time stamping with friends?  Contact me to choose a date for your stamping party and start making out your wish list.


Click here to order your Stampin' Up! products online 24/7.

Stamps: Apple Blossoms Level 2 Hostess Set (W-118531, C-120139)
Ink: Early Espresso (119670), Blushing Bride (119786)
Cardstock: Confetti White (102028), Pear Pizzazz (119795), Whisper White (100730), Blushing Bride (119796), Early Espresso (119686)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335), 1-1/4" Square punch (119865),  1-3/8" Square punch (119877), Word Window punch (119857), Modern Label punch (119849)
That Special Touch: Early Espresso 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon (119955), Linen Thread (104199), Jewels - Basic Pearls (119247), Designer Buttons - Neutrals (119743), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Comments

  1. Oh, my gosh! I just LOVE this card! I saw it on Mojo Monday! Gorgeous! TYFS!

    Chanda Stehlik
    www.bellevuestampingclub.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo