A Classy & Masculine Birthday Card

Imagine yourself knee-deep in cards with a theme ... perhaps Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or all of the above.  Now imagine yourself gazing at the calendar and realizing that you need a birthday card pronto. And not just any birthday card, but one for a young man. And you happen to be a tad low (read: none, nada, zilch!) on masculine birthday cards. Yikes! This was my dilemma yesterday and I didn't have a lot of time. I needed something quick, easy, and classy. Problem solved with this card and I couldn't be happier with the result. In fact, I really think it's a great all-purpose birthday card that will work well for just about anyone, male or female.  What do YOU think? Let me know in the comments: male, female or anyone.

STAR POWER:
  • Texture is king when it comes to creating a good masculine card. The Square Lattice embossing folder comes to the rescue once again.  It's amazing how well this embossed design goes with literally everything.
  • The Newsprint Designer Series Paper makes the perfect backdrop here. It adds interest, but doesn't try to steal the show.
  • The striped grosgrain ribbon, loosely knotted rather than tied, is a classy touch and doesn't look too frilly for a guy.
TIP: Since I was using Stampin' Write Markers to ink my sentiment anyway, I could have chosen to only ink up a few lines and then center it nicely inside my Decorative Label punch. Instead, I opted to ink the entire stamp and then carefully chose which area I wanted to punch. The sponging around the edge gives it a finished look and helps the overall affect.

My 12 Weeks of Christmas project series will be starting soon - for e-mail subscribers only. Don't miss out ... sign up now! It's quick, easy and doesn't cost a thing. Already a subscriber?  No need to sign up again - you'll automatically receive these holiday projects.




To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 - click here.

Stamps: Everything Nice (113818)
Ink: Basic Black (101179), Baja Breeze Stampin' Write Marker (120965), Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (100082)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Basic Black (121045), Baja Breeze (111352), Newsprint Designer Series Paper (117166)
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Top Note Die (113463), Square Lattice Textured Impressions embossing folder (119976)
That Special Touch: Decorative Label XL punch (120907), Basic Black 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (115615), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Comments

  1. great masculine card! I love this :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome. Perfect masculine card and I'm so glad that you shared it with us. Thank you so much for participating with us at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges and we hope to see you on October 5 for our next challenge. God bless and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo