To Have & To Hold

There's been a whirlwind of activity around Stampingville lately; most it behind the scenes for now, but coming to you soon! Stay tuned. I'm playing a bit of catch-up today with this card from last week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I really liked the sketch a lot.

Tip: To spread out my sentiment a bit, I used a Stampin' Write Marker to ink just half the stamp at a time, cleaning and drying off the stamp in between stamping. This allowed me to space my stamping exactly where I wanted it. For precise stamp alignment every time, try the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049). This stamp positioner is a must-have tool for any discriminating stamper.

STAR POWER:
  • I love, love, love the Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper. The designs are fabulous and that color combo? Right up my alley: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Basic Gray.
  • I'm still loving the Jewels-Basic Pearls. So easy to use and they add instant glam to any project!
  • And my newest love is the Crochet Trim. Oh my! I just got it and had to use it right away. It is so lovely on this sweet card.
Speaking of Crochet Trim ... did you know this gorgeous trim can be dyed with our classic ink to coordinate with any of our colors? It can! The easiest way (and probably the least messy) is to mix up a solution of water and a few drops from one of our Classic ink refills in a small container. (Vary the intensity of color by adding more drops.) Soak the Crochet Trim, then remove it to a paper towel, blot any excess solution and let air dry. The Crochet Trim is 100% cotton, so I probably wouldn't recommend using the heat tool to speed drying time.

I love to read your comments ... don't be shy! Questions are welcome too.


Click here to order your Stampin' Up! products online 24/7.

Stamps: Everything Nice (113818)
Ink: Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker (120973)
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Baja Breeze (111352), Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper (117163)
Tools: Scallop Trim Border punch (118402), Eyelet Border punch (119853), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
That Special Touch: Jewels - Basic Pearls (119247), Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim (118480)

Comments

  1. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I really LOVE your card! I love the layers, the use of the different papers in the ES DSP, and the faux half-pearls! Your card is simply gorgeous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo