Halloween Crafts – Toilet Paper Roll Treat Holder


Isn’t this treat holder adorable? It's super cute in person; the photos really don't do it justice! I’d seen several versions floating around and I just had to create one myself. I thought it turned out so cute, I incorporated it into my Halloween class last month. Oh, and I’m in good company … even Shelli Gardner (co-founder and CEO of Stampin’ Up!) made a whole bunch of these. You can check out her version HERE.


I know you’ll want details, so I’ll give you a few basic instructions and the list of supplies I used. (Click on the pictures to enlarge). First, you’ll need an empty toilet paper roll. If you prefer, you could use an empty paper towel roll and cut it down to size. Either way, be sure to measure yours before you cut any Designer Series Paper. Mine measured about 4-1/4” high, so my DSP measured 6” x 4-1/4”.


All the scallop circles were punched with our new XL 2-3/8” Scallop Circle punch. The top and bottom scallops are actually two glued together (one Basic Black and one Tangerine Tango).

I glued the white scallop (with the stamped image) to the tube before any further assembly. I used Tombow glue to attach the tube to the bottom scallops, then applied more glue around the base and added Chunky Glitter. Be sure to let this dry for a while.


For the top scallops, on the top side I added a textured circle with the little pumpkin popped up. Underneath, I glued a stack of four circles together and glued a textured one on top. This helps the “lid” to stay on a bit better. I used my (retired) slot punch on either side of the scallop to make slots for the ribbon. You could substitute a small hole punch.


On the inside of the tube, I attached Sticky Strip around the top and adhered ONE END of the ribbon. Then I slid the lid onto the ribbon, and THEN attached the other end of the ribbon to the opposite side. I covered this with a small strip of Designer Series Paper with one edge scalloped.

After you finish decorating the outside, you can fill your treat holder with candy or a small gift. Mine had candy, but it seems to have disappeared! Now how did that happen?

How do you like it? Do you have a question or comment? Please let me know! I love comments from my Stampingville friends!!


CLICK HERE to order your Stampin’ Up! products online or CONTACT ME.


STAMPS: Fang-tastic (Wood Mount -120853 or Clear Mount -121178)
INK: Basic Black (101179), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Blushing Bride (119786), So Saffron (105213)
PAPER: Basic Black (121045), Tangerine Tango (111349), Whisper White (100730), Play Date Designer Series Paper (117168)
TOOLS: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Square Lattice embossing folder (119976), 2-3/8” Scallop Circle XL punch (118874), Bitty Bat Large punch (119279), Large Tag punch (119876), XL Tag punch (119866), Scallop Edge Border punch (119882), 1-3/8” Circle punch (119860), Blender Pens (102845), Sponge Daubers (102892), Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
THAT SPECIAL TOUCH: Pear Pizzazz ½” Stitched-Poly Ribbon (119265), Linen Thread (104199), Chunky Essentials Glitter (Black) (108797)

Comments