I'm a big fan of "vintage style" projects and when I saw the Christmas Collage stamp in the 2010-2011 Holiday Mini Catalog, I think my squeal was heard a block away! It's designed as one of our larger background stamps and provides numerous creative options - from coloring in the entire thing to no coloring at all to coloring just a small portion or several small portions. In addition, sections of the stamp can be used as if they are separate stamps to create a myriad of projects. See another card using this stamp here.
The idea for today's card came from a card I saw being swapped earlier this year at the Stampin' Up! Convention. I changed it up quite a bit from the original version using supplies on hand, but keeping the overall color scheme.
|Click to enlarge photos|
- The Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder provides a dramatic backdrop. I brayered the raised portion using Crumb Cake, sponged on Soft Suede here and there, then spritzed on more color using a Crumb Cake marker and the Color Spritzer tool. Finally, a spray of Champagne Mist Shimmer Spray gives it ... well, shimmer!
- The lower portion of the Christmas Collage stamp gave me the perfect focal point for this card.
- Gold embossing gives the image glorious shine and makes a great "barrier" for coloring.
- The Chantilly Crochet Trim paired with Old Olive Satin Ribbon looks stunning and the Antique Brad (swoon) ties the whole look together.
- Create a WOW before they even open the envelope by embossing the flap with an embossing folder. It literally takes five seconds and looks incredible!
This card was a real show stopper (and got rave reviews) at my Holiday Card Stamp Camp last month. It was a bit more involved than the other cards and probably not a good candidate to mass produce, but I just had to include it and the ladies loved it! (Thanks, ladies!!)
Will you be working on holiday crafts this weekend? Or maybe next week during the Thanksgiving holiday? Leave me a comment and tell me what you're up to! And please feel free to ask a question in the comments or contact me directly.
CLICK HERE to order your Stampin' Up! products online 24/7.
A Vintage Christmas - Supply List
Stamps: Christmas Collage (121279), Peaceful Season - Level 2 Hostess Set (C-121124 or W-120819)
Ink: Crumb Cake (121030), Soft Suede (115657), VersaMark (102283), Stampin' Write Markers: Cherry Cobbler (119681), Old Olive (100079), Crumb Cake (120967)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (119685), Very Vanilla (101650), Old Olive (100702)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Scallop Oval Die (114521), Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (120175), Brayer (102395), Sponge Daubers (102892), Heat Tool (100005), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
That Special Touch: Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806), Gold embossing powder (109129), Antique Brads (117273), Old Olive 5/8" Satin ribbon (117292), Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim (118480)