Friday, January 14, 2011

The All-Purpose Valentine


While some men and many women appreciate a pretty Valentine with all the frills, there ARE those who just might prefer something a little more ... subdued. If you have one of THOSE people on your list, you don't have to sacrifice beauty - just tone it down a notch. (And lose the frilly pink ribbon just this once, okay?) 

Today's clean and simple card has lots of interesting texture and the Rich Razzleberry steps up for duty in place of the traditional pink or red. Oh, and did I mention you can create this card in just 5-10 minutes? Perfect for the busy stamper!

Click to enlarge image
I started with a standard size (5-1/2" x 4-1/4") card base of Rich Razzleberry. Using the heart image, from the Level 1 Hostess set Punch Potpourri, I inked it up with VersaMark and stamped it around the outside edges of my card front creating a subtle background.

Next I chose a piece of textured Whisper White card stock to stamp the image from Elizabeth using Rich Razzleberry ink. I added a thin strip of Rich Razzleberry card stock across the bottom and then stamped the AMOUR image from Artistic Etchings just above the strip. After rounding the top corners only, I attached this directly to my card front.

For the first heart, I used the Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit, which embosses AND cuts the card stock all with one pass through the Big Shot. I placed it right over the Elizabeth image, covering the center oval.


For the second heart, I inked the heart image with Rich Razzleberry and stamped it on smooth Whisper White card stock. I cropped it using the Full Heart punch. Next, I grabbed a sponge dauber and sponged Rich Razzleberry ink lightly around the edge of the heart, just to create a tiny bit of contrast. Without re-inking the dauber, I sponged over the flowers within the heart to help them "pop" just a bit. I gave this heart a boost by attaching it with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Aaaand, we're done! Clean and simple and those non-fussy types will love it!








Valentine's Day is in ONE month!
To order your Stampin' Up! products online now, CLICK HERE.

THE ALL-PURPOSE VALENTINE SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Artistic Etchings (w-118517, C-120573), Elizabeth (117120), Punch Potpourri - Level 1 Hostess set (W-118394, C-120124)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (115658), VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry (115316), Whisper White 12 x 12 Smooth/Textured Combo (119952)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439),  Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit (117332), Full Heart Punch (119883), 3/16" Corner Punch (119871)
Accessories: Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo