Monday, January 24, 2011

Because I Care


With Sale-a-bration starting TOMORROW (woo hoo!), today is the perfect time to highlight one of the exclusive Hostess Stamp Sets available from Stampin' Up! This Level 1 Hostess set, Because I Care, is available as a free product choice for qualifying workshops or individual orders. Contact me today to schedule your workshop or place your order.

Presto . . .

Today's card uses a totally fun product: Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Paper. This heavy-weight paper appears white with clear glossy designs that you "magically" reveal with ink or paint for an emboss resist look.

After cutting the paper to size, I inked a brayer with Old Olive ink and ran it over the piece to reveal the design. This was layered onto a Concord Crush mat before adding it to my Whisper White card base.


I created a "frame" for my focal image by paper piercing a design (using the template in the Mat Pack) in opposite corners of a Whisper White piece with another Concord Crush mat. For the main image, I inked most of the flowers using a Concord Crush ink pad, then filled in the rest using a marker. The stem and leaves were colored with a marker as well.


TIP: Use markers to color directly on the stamp when you want more than one color within an image. Once you are ready to stamp, huff (breathe) on the stamp to re-moisten the inks, then stamp onto paper.

I hand cut the image and attached it using Stampin' Dimensionals to really pop it from the frame. The frame was then mounted to the card, also with Dimensionals. The sentiment, stamped in Concord Crush, was cropped using the large oval and placed on a Concord Crush scallop oval (attached with ... more Dimensionals!)


This makes a wonderful "thinking of you" card, as well as a sympathy card. By changing the sentiment (included in the set) you have a stunning thank you card as well.

Thanks for stopping by today!


TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ONLINE, CLICK HERE.

BECAUSE I CARE SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Because I Care Level 1 Hostess Set (W-118384, C-120118)
Ink: Old Olive (102277), Concord Crush (119785)
Stampin' Write Markers: Old Olive (100079),  In Color Collection (119801)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Concord Crush (119792), Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Paper (117175)
Tools: Brayer (102395),  Mat Pack (105826), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Large Oval Punch (119855), Scallop Oval Punch (119856), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo