Saturday, January 29, 2011

Key To My Heart


There is a great sketch this week over at Mojo Monday, and I've used it for two very different Valentine Cards. For today's card, I didn't stray from the original design and I love the result.  In place of the hat pin, I've used the new Trinket Keys from Stampin' Up! I knew when I saw them in the mini catalog next to the You're A Gem stamp set, that I'd be seeing both items on my craft table in short order! Hee!

I just remembered the category for SUO Challenges this time is Valentine Projects. Guess who's going to be pulling double duty?!

For the sentiment, I gave it a background (from Artistic Etchings) by using the rock and roll method to ink my stamp on the outer edges only. This allowed the sentiment a little room to shine. After punching it out, I distressed it a bit; then sponged on Soft Suede ink.


The panel underneath the scallop was created using images from Artistic Etchings again, but this time I used Soft Suede ink and the Tea Stain dye ink from the Distressing Essentials Kit. After a run through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder, I distressed it around the edges and sponged with Soft Suede.


The key seemed a little too silver and bright, so I sponged Soft Suede on it too - although it will probably rub off if touched. And of course, I HAD to use the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder for my background piece. I love that thing!

Tomorrow, I'll share with you the OTHER card I created using this same sketch. It's a COMPLETELY different (and fun) card.

Thanks for visiting!


To order Stampin' Up! products online CLICK HERE.

Key To My Heart Supply List
Stamps: Artistic Etchings (W-118517, C-120573), You're A Gem (W-122268, C-122270)
Ink: Soft Suede (115657), Basic Black (101179), Cherry Cobbler (119669), Tea Stain Dye Ink (kit-118762)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Soft Suede (115318)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439),  Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (120175),  Square Lattice embossing folder (119976), 2-3/8" Scallop Circle XL punch (118874), 1-3/4" Circle punch (119850), Circles #2 die (114526), Distressing Essentials (118762)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon (120992), Sponge Daubers (102892), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Trinket Keys (121892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Such rich colors and great vintage look. Thanks for joining in at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle this is so beautiful. I love all your details. The key is the perfect finishing touch. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful!! I love the tea stained look. Tying the key with the seam binding is perfect. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo