Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thank You, Elizabeth - Part 1

What do you call it when you combine a CHORE with something really FUN? You might call it PRICELESS. Or HEAVEN. Take your pick. I wanted to send out a few thank you cards for gifts we received for Christmas. That's a bit of a chore, but not so much when you get to make your own thank you cards using a gorgeous new stamp!

I have been coveting the beautiful "Elizabeth" (à la carte individual stamp by Stampin' Up!) since it debuted back in July. It finally hit my craft table after a brief stint under the Christmas tree (thanks, hon). Naturally, this presented me with the perfect opportunity to play around AND mind my manners. HA! When was the last time you heard THAT in the same sentence?!


Click images to enlarge

I started out by creating the classic, elegant, gold embossed thank you. I couldn't wait to emboss with this stamp and I wasn't disappointed. This stamp is perfectly sized for our Notecards and would be an obvious choice for a traditional wedding thank you. This particular "thank you" greeting is from the Level One Hostess Set Because I Care. Beyond that, by changing out the greeting within the oval the possibilities are endless. Wedding or no wedding, imagine this beauty on invitations, place cards, decorations, etc.


Next, I switched to black embossing powder and played around with the oval. This time the "thank you" is from the Fresh Cuts stamp set (gorgeous font), stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White, then punched out using the Modern Label punch. I mounted it onto a Basic Black large oval (punched) and then added it to the card with Dimensionals. Clean and simple, yet very stylish.

I have one or two more versions to share with you, so be sure to check back tomorrow.

Meanwhile . . . do you have thank you notes to write? Ahem.



SUPPLY LIST FOR THANK YOU, ELIZABETH - PART 1

Stamps: Elizabeth (117120), Fresh Cuts (111634), Because I Care Level One Hostess Set (W-118384, C-120118)
Ink: VersaMark (102283), Basic Black (101179)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045)
Tools: Embossing Buddy (103083), Heat Tool (100005), Large Oval Punch (119855), Modern Label Punch (119849)
Accessories: Notecards (107311), Gold Emboss Powder (109129), Black Emboss Powder (109133), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Elizabeth #117120
Images © 1990-2011 Stampin' Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo