Friday, January 7, 2011

Thank You, Elizabeth - Part Deux


Welcome back to part deux of my spotlight on "Elizabeth", the très chic à la carte stamp from Stampin’ Up! That's French for: part two of a post about a very fashionable individual stamp. At least I think it's French and then I had to look up which way all the little thing-a-ma-jigs go. (Not to be confused with Stamp-a-ma-jigs. Different post. Sorry.) Hee!  Okay, you can stop rolling your eyes now. Let's get on with it, shall we?

Keeping with a clean and simple (CAS) theme, I stamped the main image directly onto Confetti Cream card stock using Early Espresso. The sentiment (from Fabulous Phrases) is stamped inside the oval using Marina Mist. To add a bit of interest I spritzed the card using the Color Spritzer Tool with Early Espresso and Marina Mist markers.
 
Click Images to Enlarge
 The final touch comes with the addition of the tiny flowers with pearl centers.  To create the flowers, I first stamped the same image (Elizabeth) on Marina Mist card stock using Marina Mist ink. I lightly spritzed the image with Frost White Shimmer Spray, then used the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. After gently bending the petals, I glued the flowers in place and added the pearls. Voilà! (Eek! More French.)

Ready to kick it up a notch?


I wasn't done yet, in fact I played quite a bit with this lovely lady (which I'll save for another time). But I wanted to try one more using the emboss resist technique. I stamped the image using VersaMark onto Very Vanilla card stock, then embossed with clear embossing powder. Next, using a sponge dauber and Rich Razzleberry ink, I started swirling on color starting outside the embossed image and working my way in. I know it doesn't look like Rich Razzleberry, which is quite dark and rich, but sponging lightly onto Very Vanilla produced this result. Which I liked! Also, I think the color in the photo is off a tad. Sigh. I then hand cut the image, trimming away the excess sponging.

Click to Enlarge Images
Next I stamped the focal image again using Rich Razzleberry on Very Vanilla. I also stamped "thank you" from Because I Care into the oval. I hand cut just the oval portion and attached it to the main image using Dimensionals.

Finally, I ran a piece of Very Vanilla through the Big Shot using the Backgrounds 1 (Swirly) Texturz Plate. I mounted this directly to a slightly larger piece of Very Vanilla, snipped the corners and mounted it to my Very Vanilla card base using Dimensionals. I added the embossed focal image last, using Dimensionals once again for added pop.

I think this one is my favorite, although for quick and easy I must admit I like the previous one quite a lot. How about you? I'd love to know which one you like best - please leave me a comment below. Don't forget yesterday's two entries found HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!
Adieux!








ELIZABETH - PART 2 SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Elizabeth (117120), Fabulous Phrases (W-117002, C-120501), Because I Care (W-118384, C-120118)
Ink: Early Espresso (119670), Marina Mist (119668), VersaMark (102283), Rich Razzleberry (115658)
Stampin' Write Markers: Early Espresso (119680), Marina Mist (119679)
Paper: Confetti Cream (102835), Marina Mist (119682), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Heat Tool (100005), Sponge Daubers (102892), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (114512), Std. Texturz Impressions Pad (114614),  Std. Texturtz Silicone Rubber (114615)
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854), Basic Pearls (119247), Clear Emboss Powder (109130), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo