Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bring On The Birthday


Isn't this card FUN?! And it was fun to make too. How can you not have fun when pompoms are involved? The fun greeting is from the new stamp set Bring On The Cake featured in the Occasions Mini Catalog. There are lots of mix and match images in the set, which means lots of creative versatility. I'll be reaching for this stamp set time and again when creating birthday cards.


My simple layout was inspired by the Mojo Sketch this week, which worked perfectly. For my background, I dove into the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper (one of the free sale-a-bration rewards) and also snipped a little piece of the Peach Parfait paper to cut out a party hat.

I cut the large circle using the Circles #2 Die and my Big Shot (it's always out and ready to go).  Tip: I used little bits of Sticky Strip on the back of the circle to secure the Pompom Trim.


The main image was heat embossed in black on watercolor paper. Initially, I planned to watercolor the letters but changed my mind. Instead, I used Stampin' Write Markers to achieve a more vibrant look.

I think whoever receives this card will think it's a hoot ... and after all, isn't that what birthdays are all about?

p.s. How do you like the "new decor" around here? It started out as a minor change and then sort of exploded from there. Hee! Anyway, I'd love to know what you think in the comments. Yes, even if you hate it.  It's like getting a new haircut - it WILL grow back.

Thanks for coming by!
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online CLICK HERE.

BRING ON THE BIRTHDAY - SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Bring On The Cake (W-121899, C-121958)
Ink: VersaMark (102283), Stampin' Write Markers - Daffodil Delight (119677), Old Olive (100079),  Peach Parfait (In Color Assortment 119801)
Paper: Daffodil Delight (119683), Old Olive (1007902), Watercolor paper (105019), Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper (SAB 122242)
Accessories: Heat Tool (100005), Embossing Buddy (103083), Black Embossing Powder (109133), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Circles #2 Die (114526), Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Poly-Stitched Ribbon (119265), Daffodil Delight Pompom Trim (121885)

1 comment:

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo