Fun With The Two-Step Owl Punch

Two-Step Owl Punch by Stampin' Up!

Looking for a cute idea for using your Two-Step Owl punch? This simple design incorporates a fun trick I learned at the last Stampin' Up! Convention for creating an easy banner.

Create a miniature banner for cardmaking
To create the miniature banner, I punched out two stars from the Play Date Designer Series Paper (117168) using the Star Punch (119875), then snipped off each point. I stamped a letter on each piece (spelling out "celebrate") using the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set (111610). Then I simply glued the banner pieces to a length of Hemp Twine.

While my banner dried, I punched two strips of Real Red card stock using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275) and attached them behind a piece of Crumb Cake card stock. I cut a branch for my owl, using the Big Shot (113439) and the Little Leaves sizzlit die (114511), trimming off a few leaves to make a little room.

Stampin' Up! Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

I used Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock for the owl body and more of the Play Date DSP for his belly and the heart. Once I had the owl assembled and sitting on his branch, I attached this entire piece to a strip of the Play Date DSP using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Celebrate Banner with Play Date Designer Series Paper

Using the Handheld 1/16" Circle Punch (101227) I made a hole on each end of the DSP strip, then threaded the Hemp Twine through the holes and secured the ends with tape. I used Liquid Glue to adhere this piece to the Marina Mist card stock. To finish the piece, I gently lifted up the lower portion of the Crumb Cake piece and added a few Stampin' Dimensionals underneath. I wanted to secure the banner as well, so I added a tiny snip of a Dimensional behind each piece.

And there you have it! A fun owl with a fun mini banner. Have a question about this project? Just ask me in the comment section below.

xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE.

Comments

  1. Very cute! I love the idea of the star punch. I don't use it very much and that's a great alternate use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo