Friday, February 4, 2011

Just Believe Thank You

Just Believe Stamp Set by Stampin Up

Today's card is clean, simple and totally elegant. The design came from my good friend and sister demonstrator, Sue Dillon. (Hi, Sue!) She originally used a different stamp set and a few elements of her card were different, but I simply loved the layout and the color combination. For my version, I chose to use Just Believe - one of my very favorite stamp sets from the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog.

I used a very simple technique called "stamping off" (or "one off") for all the stamped images on this card. For this technique, you simply ink your stamp well, stamp onto scratch paper once, then WITHOUT re-inking your stamp, stamp on your project. This gives you a more subtle shade of color, yet still coordinates with your project perfectly. 

For this card, using the stamping off technique with Soft Suede ink on Confetti Cream card stock produces a wonderful, almost worn or aged look, without going vintagey. (Vintage-y? Vintage-ie? I'm making up words here, so spell check can't help me. Hee!)


The Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler pieces were cut at an angle and then carefully torn along that angle. Tearing is another simple technique used quite often in papercrafting; yet it seems to scare a lot of people.  It's pretty easy to learn how to control the tear so you don't ruin lots of paper, but of course you have to try it a few times to get the hang of it. (Just like most things!) I still laugh though at the looks I get when I say we are going to tear paper for our project today! (Hmm ... Maybe I should do a session on learning to tear.)


The embellished frame (with sentiment) was hand cut - which is a bit tedious, but not difficult with a good, sharp pair of Paper Snips. I popped it up with Dimensionals.

And there you have it. A fast and fabulous card for Friday. Hey! I like the sound of that. Maybe I should keep it as a regular feature. What do you think? Would you like more fast and fabulous Fridays? Please leave me a comment and let me know. Thank you!

Happy Friday!
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7, GO HERE.

JUST BELIEVE THANK YOU SUPPLY LIST


Stamps: Just Believe
(W-116948, C-120453)
Ink: Soft Suede (115657)
Paper: Confetti Cream (102835),
Soft Suede (115318), Cherry Cobbler (119685)
Tools: Paper Snips (103579),
Stampin Dimensionals (104430)

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. Thanks for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! This was always a favorite of mine too.

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo