Silhouette Sentiments Flower Vases


Need a little spring in your step today? With yesterday being Groundhog Day and all, and because "Phil" predicted an early spring (woo hoo!), I thought I'd celebrate by creating a few tiny bouquets. In vases. And if one is good - three is fabulous. Right?

Please Note: This "vase" idea wasn't mine. I know - shocking, right?  I've seen several versions of these "vases" floating 'round the internet and (of course) had to try it myself!

This card is pretty straightforward in its design - just a few simple layers. I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on the Night of Navy piece to add a bit of texture and interest.

Now for the fun part . . .

I created three "vases" by punching out three large ovals. For each oval, I cut off one end (just the tip) in a straight line. This is the bottom of the vase. At the other end, I cut off the tip at an angle. I sponged just one side of each vase - to add depth - using the same color of ink as the card stock. (To see images larger, just click on the picture. Hit your back button to return here.)


Tip: Create the vases first and use them as a guide to help you determine where to stamp the flower images. Don't adhere them until AFTER you've stamped the flowers.

For the flower images, I used markers and colored directly on the stamp to create the Pretty In Pink flowers with Old Olive stems. Once I had all my flowers stamped, I adhered the "vases" using Dimensionals.

The stamp set I used is the Level 1 Hostess stamp set Silhouette Sentiments, which is perfectly sized for this technique. It's a great set - very pretty and versatile too. It's a terrific choice for your free hostess set. As an alternative, Pocket Silhouettes (see it here) would work very nicely.

Like this technique? Have a question? Just leave me a comment below.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE.

SILHOUETTE SENTIMENTS SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments (W-118474, C-120127) Level 1 Hostess Set
Ink: Pretty In Pink (101301), Old Olive (102277), Night of Navy (102977), Pretty In Pink (100045) and Old Olive (100079) Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Old Olive (100702), Pretty In Pink (100459), Night of Navy (100867), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (117335), Modern Label Punch (119849), Small Oval Punch (119863), Large Oval Punch (119855)
Accessories: Old Olive Satin Ribbon (117292), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Comments