Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stampin' Up! BLISS


My favorite Sale-a-bration stamp set is Bliss. I'm a sucker for anything with beautiful flourishes, swirls and elegant details. Bliss fits the bill, for sure.  Today's card was one of our club projects this month and I *think* the girls liked it. They aren't always fond of hand cutting elements, but I think they forgave me! Hee!

The large flourish makes a beautiful background stamp, but does very nicely as a focal point as well - such as a resting spot for a gorgeous butterfly! If you look closely at the butterfly, there are actually THREE layers of color.


The butterfly base color is So Saffron. Using the rock & roll technique, I added Riding Hood Red around the outer wings. Finally, I rock & rolled again in Soft Suede - just barely touching the outer edges of the stamp to the ink pad. I thought it turned out gorgeous!

I also used the stamping off technique for the Soft Suede flourish images. This creates a subtle flourish so it doesn't overpower the other images.


Crochet Trim was a no-brainer choice for this card. If you want a vintage look to your projects, the Crochet Trim is definately a go-to item.

Happy Anniversary To Me!

I mentioned on Tuesday that it was my three year anniversary as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I've had an opportunity to witness first hand some of the genuine concern and caring that this company puts forth on a daily basis. They truly appreciate each and every demonstrator and strive to recognize and reward their demonstrators in various ways. After years and years of working in the corporate world, it is so nice to be appreciated, valued, and encouraged.

Click photo to enlarge.

Could you use a little appreciation, recognition and encouragement in YOUR life? Now is a great time to join Stampin' Up! with a 15% discount on the Starter Kit plus a free bonus bundle valued at $50.

If you'd like to know more, just contact me and I'll be happy to answer your questions. Together, we can determine if being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is right for you. No pressure, no hype, no kidding!

Giveaway!

I'm celebrating my anniversary with Stampin' Up! this week by giving away a clear mount stamp set - Picture This. You DO like free stamps, right? This exclusive Hostess set is no longer available, but I have a brand new one in my stash waiting for YOU to win it!



 
To enter this giveaway, just answer this question in the comment section of this post:

 
What is your favorite accessory?
Is it ribbon, buttons, brads, pearls? What do reach for time and time again?

 
The Rules
  • One entry per person, per post/day.
  • Giveaway will run through Friday, with the winner announced on Saturday. (One winner will be randomly chosen from all comments submitted.)
  • I'll have a new question each day, so check back throughout the week and don't forget to leave your comment each day! (If you missed a day, you can still comment on that day's post.)
  • If you answer all four questions, you'll have four chances to win!
  • US residents only, please.

Good Luck!
 

 xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online CLICK HERE.

BLISS CARD SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Bliss Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set (W-121851, C-123217)
Ink: So Saffron (105213), Soft Suede (115657), Riding Hood Red (111836)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Soft Suede (115318), So Saffron (105118), Riding Hood Red (111348)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Circles #2 Die (114526), Scallop Circle XL Punch (118874), 1-3/4" Circle punch (119850)
Accessories: Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim (118480), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo