Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quick Crafting Ideas Worth Sale-a-brating!

Stampin' Up! Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper & Quick Accents Pack

Happy National Craft Month! Isn't it handy that Stampin' Up! has Sale-a-bration going on right now? I love getting free products along with my regular crafting purchases. Are you planning to craft up a storm this month, like me? Now is a great time to stock up on essentials and get freebies for doing it.

Mini card and treat box easy paper crafting ideas
In my last post I teased with a cute mini card and treat box combo and promised details to come, sooooo . . .

Let's get the ball rolling!

Creating this mini 3x3 card was a snap using my new sale-a-bration products. And I don't mind saying that I copied  was inspired by a card in the sale-a-bration brochure (page 2). I just changed it up a bit so I could use the awesome Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper & Quick Accents Pack.

The card base is a 3" x 6" piece of Pink Pirouette card stock, scored and folded in half. The Melon Mambo patterned paper is so sweet and makes the perfect backdrop for my images. I cut 1" squares of textured Whisper White card stock and then chose a few of the self-adhesive die-cut accents for two of the squares.

Mini card using Sale-a-bration products by Stampin' Up!

I thought the "true friend" image from the Punch Bunch stamp set (another free sale-a-bration option) would be perfect here. I stamped it once using Melon Mambo ink on Pink Pirouette card stock, then punched out just the center with a 1/2" circle punch. This was layered on a Melon Mambo heart punched using one of the hearts from the Heart to Heart punch.

I stamped the image a second time directly on a Whisper White square, but used a Pacific Point marker to ink just the outer portion of the stamp. In the center, I added a Pacific Point button from the Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack - tied with a snip of white embroidery thread.

It's so stinkin' cute in person and goes perfectly with the coordinating treat box I created. Be sure to check back tomorrow for details on the treat box.

Get Your Craft On During National Craft Month!

Are you already a crafting diva? If so, give yourself a challenge this month and try something new. It could be trying a new technique, entering a challenge or contest or it could be trying something completely outside your usual "crafting comfort zone".  As they say ... JUST DO IT!

Still lurking on the sidelines thinking "maybe one of these days"? Today is THE day. The day you get started doing something for YOU.  Jump right in - the water is FINE. (*Warning: Crafting is a known stress reliever and may become habit forming. Drama Queens have turned into Crafting Queens overnight!) ;-)

Need help to get your craft on? I'm happy to assist. Leave me a comment with your question or contact me directly.  Ready to place an order? CLICK HERE to order your Stampin' Up! products online or contact me for personal assistance. I'd LOVE to help YOU!

xoxo


TRUE FRIEND MINI CARD - SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Punch Bunch (Wood Mount 121847, Clear Mount 123211)
Ink: Melon Mambo (115656), Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker (120968)
Paper: Pink Pirouette (111351), Whisper White 12" x 12" Combo Pack (119952)
Accessories: Heart to Heart Punch (119881), 1/2" Circle Punch (119869), Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper & Quick Accents Pack (122242), Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack (123529)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo