Monday, April 25, 2011

Where's Waldo? And Where's Waldo Been, Anyway?

Gayle with Shelli Gardner, Co-Founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!

I've been on a bit of a semi-forced hiatus lately, and I'm super excited to get back into the swing of things around here at Stampingville. I was going to give y'all the Soap Opera Digest version, but that would take up too much valuable real estate, so let's just say life got in the way and demanded a lot of attention! And by the way, that can really be a mojo zapper too.  :(

So anyway ... I've got a LOT of catching up to do! I managed to get over to Orlando for the Stampin' Up! Spring Regional Event last month and it was great. We were just getting situated at our tables, when Shelli (Gardner, Co-Founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!) suddenly appeared and our group mobbed her for a photo op. She was a great sport and indulged us for a few minutes. I limped over as fast as I could (with my newly broken foot) and managed to get a picture with her. The photo isn't the best, but hey ... it's the one and only shot of me with Shelli so far. (You should see the lines at convention when she does organized photo op's.)

We saw lots of presentations by the Stampin' Up! staff and several demonstrators, and they were all wonderfully creative and we got a boatload of new ideas. And of course, there were make and takes! We each received the Nature Walk stamp set (featured in the current Occasions Mini Catalog) to use for the make and takes and they were really fun projects.

Stampin' Up! Big Shot Petal Cone Banner

My absolute favorite project was the CREATE banner. I'm not really much of a "banner person", but this one is so CUTE and it was really fun to make. The main banner pieces? Created using the new Petal Cone Die for the Big Shot (die cut pieces were cut in half). Isn't that clever?! It may move around from place to place in the Stampingville studio, but it's going to be up for a long time to come! LOVE IT!

Nature Walk + Botanical Gazette samples by Stampin' Up!

We also used the coordinating Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper on several of the projects. It's really quite lovely. As usual, the snippets in the Mini Catalog don't do it justice. (Click on the photo's to view them larger; then hit your "back button" to return here.)

Our group swapped full cards while we were there too (yes, we had LOTS of creativity flying around all weekend!) and I'll try to get a few of those posted this week. For now, I think I hear my craft table calling me! Toodles!

Thanks for visiting!
xoxo




To order Stampin' Up! products online CLICK HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo