Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Big Top Birthday - Part One

Big Top Birthday Easy Card Ideas

It's been a party (literally) around Stampingville the past few days as we celebrated my hubby's birthday. (Happy Birthday, Sweetie, one more time!) After seeing so many inspiring creations at the recent Stampin' Up! Convention, it was hard to choose a theme. But since I was lucky enough to win a round of Prize Patrol, I just happened to snag a birthday themed prize package! (How's that for fabulous timing? Thank You, Stampin' Up!)

Are you a fan of quick and easy? Today's card came together in a snap with just a few coordinating products. The Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper gets the ball rolling with fun, bright colors suitable for any age and gender. The Big Top Birthday Quick Accents are a no-brainer - just choose from the selection of self-adhesive die cuts and paper ribbons and you're good to go.  The Perfectly Penned stamp set fits right in, but I know I'll be using this cool greeting set on lots of future projects.

Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!


I'm having tons of fun with the new Petite Pennants Builder Punch too. (I got lots of play time with it designing a convention swap card - stay tuned for details.) On today's card, I only used the smaller pennant to mimic the patterned paper.

TIP: A mini glue dot in the top corners of each pennant were perfect for attaching the pennants to the Baker's Twine AND attaching the banner to the card.

I tucked the ends of the twine behind the Designer Series Paper before adhering it to the Tempting Turquoise card base. I left the tips of the pennants flying free (no Stampin' Dimensionals - gasp!), so I gave them just a slight bend to add dimension.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for A Big Top Birthday - Part Two.

Warning: Cupcakes are involved - don't say I didn't warn you. Hee!

Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper Promotion

I'm loving so many of the new Designer Series Papers - my mind has been on overload with ideas! Stampin' Up! to the rescue ... Yippee!!!  Now through August 31, buy three packs of Designer Series Paper and get one pack FREE.  Best of all? No limit! For every three packages you purchase, select a fourth package on the house. Now is a great time to stock up on all your favorites for upcoming occasions and holidays.  Contact me to place an order or click here to shop online now.

Have an over the (big) top day!
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 click here.

BIG TOP BIRTHDAY CARD

Stamps: Perfectly Penned (W-122890, C-122892)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (100814)
Paper: Tempting Turquoise (102067), Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper (122348)
Tools: Petite Pennants Builder Punch (122361), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Accessories: Big Top Birthday Quick Accents (122368), White Baker's Twine (124262)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo