Welcome to Wisteria Wonder

Projects featuring Stampin' Up! In Colors

The new In Colors from Stampin' Up! are all fabulous, but today it's all about Wisteria Wonder! And is that little birdhouse adorable or what? I can't take credit for coming up with that creation ... it's Stampin' Up! all the way.


The July issue of Stampin' Success®, Stampin' Up!'s exclusive magazine for demonstrators, featured these darling birdhouses spotlighting each of the new In Colors. We were invited to create our own version and they made it super easy by sharing the birdhouse pattern on our demonstrator website. Well who can pass THAT up?! It's taken me a little while to get to it ... there were just a few other fun things going on at the time (convention and the debut of the new Idea Book & Catalog for starters!).


I had so much fun creating the birdhouse I decided to copy the idea for a card as well. Using the same birdhouse design, I made it a little larger for the card front and added the cute little "hello" sentiment from the Swirls & Curls Verses stamp set featured in the Summer Mini Catalog. Super cute!

Stampin' Up! Swirls & Curls Verses Greeting Card

The little cloud on the card was created using a chipboard piece from the On Board Merry Medley chipboard pack. I traced the cloud shape on Whisper White card stock, cut it out, and adhered it to the chipboard.

I gave this birdhouse a bit of added texture using the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The patterned paper is from the Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper collection and I love, love, love it!


The birdhouse has an actual opening (created using a circle punch), but for the card I wanted the stamped image there, so I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder and cropped it using a circle punch. (The image fits perfectly inside a 1-3/8" circle.)


I just had to add a snippet of that CUTE ruffled ribbon (squee!) to the card. I can't wait to get my hands on all the other In Color ruffled ribbon! (Stupid budgeting.) AND there are coordinating POLKA DOT printed brads in the In Colors too! Have I mentioned  I  ♥ LOVE ♥ these new In Colors? Even Lucky Limeade - which I wasn't sure I'd like, but it's a great color.

Heads Up Stampers ... August 31 is the last day to:
  • Place orders from the Summer Mini Catalog
  • Purchase the Strength & Hope Stamp Set or digital kit and help Make a Difference
  • Snag a sweet deal on Designer Series Paper - Buy 3 and get a 4th pack free!
For complete details on current Stampin' Up! promotions GO HERE.
Ready to start shopping now? Place an order at any time through my ONLINE STORE HERE.

Have a (Wisteria) WONDERful day! hee!!
xoxo



BIRDHOUSE AND CARD SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Swirls & Curls Verses (Hostess Set W-123015, C-123017), Fabulous Phrases (W-117002, C-120501)
Ink: Wisteria Wonder (122936), VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), Early Espresso (119686), Concord Crush (119792), Wisteria Wonder (122922), Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper (122360)
Tools: Heat Tool (100005), White Emboss Powder (109132), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (123128), Beautiful Wings Embosslits die (118138), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Crop-A-Dile (108362), 1-1/4" Circle Punch (119861), 1-3/8" Circle punch (119860)
Accessories: On Board Merry Medley (122958), Wisteria Wonder 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (122973), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

2011-2013 In Colors by Stampin' Up!

Comments

  1. Wonderful house and card! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fanny! The birdhouse was so fun to make. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo