Cheerful Thanks

Stampin' Up! Raining Flowers Stamp Set Card Idea

Another thank you card today, and I really loved how this one turned out! It's super cute in person. Maybe part of the appeal is its size. I used Stampin' Up! Note Cards, which measure 5" x 3-1/2" (standard note card size) and come with matching envelopes. Perfect size for thank you cards, quick notes, or gift enclosure cards.

I started with the outer borders, inking up a rubber stamp from the Borderlines stamp set with Lucky Limeade and Concord Crush. (I inked the entire stamp with Lucky Limeade, then re-inked every other pattern using a Concord Crush Marker.)

Hand Stamped Greeting Card Details

The center panel of Melon Mambo card stock is flanked by a tiny scallop border of Lucky Limeade cropped using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. The flower stem and leaves are from the Raining Flowers stamp set and were stamped in Concord Crush.

For the flower, I stamped the large flower from Raining Flowers onto Whisper White card stock using Wisteria Wonder ink, then cut it out with Paper Snips. Next, I created a flower using Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper (an exclusive Hostess/Rewards selection) and the Blossom Party Die and Big Shot. At the same time, I die-cut the flower center pieces using scraps of Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade. A pink rhinestone brad holds the layers together and adds a little bling.

Technique Distressing Paper Flowers

I distressed the paper flower by crumpling it up, spritzed it lightly with water and let it dry a bit. While it was still barely damp, I uncrumpled it and allowed it to dry completely. Then I carefully smoothed it out and built my flower layers. The flower (and every thing else on this card)  was attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals - so there is lots of . . . uh . . . dimension going on. ;)

For the sentiment, I used a stamp set called Workshop Words. It was one we could earn at the Stampin' Up! Convention earlier this year by attending various classes. I always love attending the classes and this was a really nice perk for doing so. The set features several images that demonstrators find useful in their stamping business. (Reason #47 why I love being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!)

Handmade Greeting Card Decorative Sentiment

Any "thanks" or "thank you" stamp that will fit within the Large Oval Punch will work here. I inked mine using Stampin' Write Markers for the multi-color effect. I layered the oval onto Lucky Limeade cropped with the Scallop Oval Punch. For a cute final detail, I added a snippet of Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, attaching it using a mini stapler.

I'm hoping the recipient of this card was delighted to receive it, because I was really delighted to make it!
 
Have a delightful day.
xoxo

To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Raining Flowers Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Raining Flowers Stamp Set
Stamps: Raining Flowers (W-122765, C-122767), Borderlines (W-122640, C-122642)
Ink: Lucky Limeade (122935), Wisteria Wonder (122936), 2010-2012 In-Color Stampin' Write Markers (119801)
Paper: Lucky Limeade (122926), Melon Mambo (115320), Whisper White (100730), Wisteria Wonder (122922) card stock; Note Cards (107311); Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper (122381)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Blossom Party Originals Die (115971), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Large Oval Punch (119855), Scallop Oval Punch (119856), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (109110), Wisteria Wonder 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (122973)
October Stampin' Up! Starter Kit Bonus Offer


Comments