Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sweet Stitched Stockings by Stampin' Up!

Stampin' Up! Stitched Stockings Holiday Greeting Card

It seems no matter what you come up with, if the card features Stampin' Up!'s Stitched Stockings, it will be adorable. Those stockings really are cute, aren't they? And this card seems very nostalgic to me. Kind of a warm and fuzzy, old-fashioned Christmas type of feeling. Is that what YOU think when you look at this card? I'm curious - is it just me?

I'm loving tone-on-tone backgrounds right now. This one gets a WOW, thanks to the new Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. After a quick run through the Big Shot, I touched up the embossed piece with a little Whisper White Craft Ink. I lightly drug the ink pad across the embossed card stock, being careful not to press too hard so just the snow flakes would receive the ink. Love this look!

Detail of Stampin' Up! Stitched Stockings Christmas Card

The cute argyle stocking gets a touch of bling with the Silver Glimmer Paper. A little loop of Baker's Twine assures you'll be able to hang the stocking by the chimney with care! And no hand cutting necessary - the Stocking Builder Punch makes quick work of cropping your stockings. Ha! Here's a challenge: Use the phrase "cropping your stockings" in a sentence this weekend. Report here when you've completed the challenge. Ha, ha, ho, ho, tee hee!

Dry Embossing Techniques Stampin' Up!

Behind the stocking I added texture to Cherry Cobbler card stock using the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder. It adds just the right amount of detail, without being a distraction. The Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper is classic - simple, cozy patterns and holiday colors - making this patterned paper a delight to work with. I might have already mentioned my love for the new Quilted Satin Ribbon (swoon!), but let me just say again:  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that ribbon!! It's stunning!

Holiday Greeting Sample Sentiment DetailThe simple "merry" sentiment, from the Tiny Tags stamp set, was cropped using the Word Window Punch and layered on a Cherry Cobbler Modern Label.
And there you have it! A sweet holiday card with Stitched Stockings, bling and lots of texture. This made a super fun make and take at one of my recent events too!

Alrighty - time for some "sweet" rubber stamping!
xoxo



To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:

Stamps: Stitched Stockings (W-123782, C-123784), Tiny Tags (W-118091, C-118592)
Ink: Garden Green (102272), Whisper White Craft Ink (101731)
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Garden Green (102584), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Whisper White (100730), Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (124002), Silver Glimmer Paper (124005)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Snow Burst Embossing Folder (124096), Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (116824), Stocking Builder Punch (124095), Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402), Word Window Punch (119857), Modern Label Punch (119849)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler 3/8” Quilted Satin Ribbon (124105), Cherry Cobbler/White Baker’s Twine (123125), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)

Join Stampin' Up! Now And Be A Big Shot!


5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love all the different textures! Definitely will be CASEing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi - Thanks so much for your sweet comment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card. It does have that old fashioned christmas kinda feel. You are making me have stamping withdrawls, as we are moving and all my stuff is packed. LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card ~ I'll be CASEing this as well, Thanks so much for the lovely inspiration! Have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph-Thank you and I hope you are reunited with your stamping supplies SOON!
    Denise-Thanks and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo