Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Praying For You Hybrid Sympathy Card

Digital Hybrid Greeting Card by Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio

I wish I could say that this sympathy card is going into my "just in case" stash of hand-stamped greeting cards. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. I'll be mailing it out later today with a heavy heart for a family who tragically lost a loved one over the weekend.

I tend to put off purchasing sympathy rubber stamps (like many people), but I really do believe that a beautiful handmade sympathy card is extra meaningful. When I have received sympathy cards in the past, I have appreciated each and every one of them, but there seems to be something  ... especially comforting, I guess, about the handmade ones. Maybe it comes from knowing that someone put a piece of themselves into making THIS card. For THIS solemn occasion. For me. And on short notice.

Digitally Created Handmade Greeting Card

I turned to My Digital Studio (digital designing software by Stampin' Up!) for the Thoughts & Prayers stamp brush set - included in the full software and booster pack options. Working with a color scheme of Early Espresso and Blushing Bride, I added a small Scallop Punch, filled with Blushing Bride, positioned behind each flower. I also added a drop shadow for the entire image.

Digital Hybrid Sympathy Greeting Card Sample

I printed the images onto Whisper White card stock, then cropped a card front and a piece for inside the card with a sentiment. To the card front I added Blushing Bride ribbon and Basic Pearls along with the greeting cropped with the Large Oval Punch and layered onto a Decorative Label punched from Blushing Bride and sponged.

I love using My Digital Studio for hybrid projects such as this. The program really allows me to DOUBLE my options when it comes to papercrafting and all those digital stamps sets take up A LOT less space in my craft room!

Thank you for visiting me today.
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:

My Digital Studio (118108)
Ink: Blushing Bride (119786)
Paper: Blushing Bride (119796), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Decorative Label Punch (120907), Large Oval Punch (119855), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Jewels-Basic Pearls (119247), Blushing Bride 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (119267)

2 comments:

  1. Gayle, please tell me how you did this. I love the card. Have the brush set, so if I use it, then use the small scallop punch, I lose all the flowers, what am I doing wrong?
    Your card is indeed beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love, Christine. After you add all the little scallops, select the main image and "bring it forward" to the top. That's it! Hope this helps - let me know if you still have trouble.

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo