Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was A ... Cute Gift Bag!

Ideas For Holiday Gift Tags and Bags

Today's little decorated bag came about while I was creating my holiday gift tags featuring the cute stitched felt accents from Stampin' Up! (If you missed the posts featuring the individual tags you can see them HERE, HERE and HERE.) I was going to create a fourth tag, but it occurred to me that those darling mittens on a string really needed to DANGLE somehow. Then I saw a few greeting card ideas using the mittens and I incorporated a few of those ideas into the little bag.

I somehow ended up with a stack of small paper sacks - they measure about 3-1/2" x 6-1/2" - and I'm always thinking I should DO something with them.
So I finally DID. Hee!

This project is super simple. To create the front and back panels for the bag, cut a piece of card stock just a tad larger than the size of your sack. Cut another piece the same width, but about 1-1/2" longer. Score the longer piece at 1-1/2" and fold it over to create the "flap".


Cut two pieces of patterned paper (I used Frostwood Lodge), just slightly smaller than the shorter card stock piece. Cut a third piece of patterned paper for the flap using the same width as the larger pieces.

Adhere the patterned paper to the card stock. Attach the panels to the paper sack using Sticky Strip. Add a Velcro fastener to the underneath side of the flap, then decorate the bag as desired.




I added a strip of Garden Green cropped with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch to the bottom of my flap. Next, I tied Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine through a Cherry Cobbler button, then frayed the ends a bit and attached it to the flap with a Stampin' Dimensional.  This allows you to wind the mitten string around the button and just let the mittens hang free.



For the banner, I stamped "Season's Greetings" from the Curly Cute stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink on a strip of Whisper White card stock. I flagged the ends of the strip and then sponged the edges with Cherry Cobbler. I gave the banner a gentle bend before attaching with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This simple bag can hold a homemade treat, small gift or even a set of gift tags to give as a gift - maybe a cute hostess gift at the next holiday party.

I hope you've enjoyed the series of tags and today's bag. I would LOVE for you to leave a comment if you did. Maybe you can tell me which one was your favorite?!

xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Curly Cute (W-117014, C-120510)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (119669)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (119685),  Garden Green (102584), Whisper White (100730), Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (124002)
Tools: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Strip (104294)
Accessories: Winter Wishes Stitched Felt Accents (124108), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (123125), Designer Buttons - Regals Collection (119744)

Stitched Felt Accents by Stampin' Up!
Winter Wishes Stitched Felt by Stampin' Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo