Holiday Crafts: Christmas Home Decor

Christmas Home Decor Project Idea

I'm so excited to share this Christmas home decor project with you today. I completed it a few weeks ago, just in time for a little holiday gathering at our house. Speaking of just in time ... I was equally excited to see the current Inkspirations Challenge calling for Christmas Creations. I've been meaning to play along over there for quite some time now. Imagine my surprise (and disappointment) to learn this is the last challenge. EVER! Boo Hoo.

Handmade Holiday Home Decor Crafts

The starting point for this project is the Decor Blocks from the Definitely Decorative® product line from Stampin' Up!  These 3" natural wood blocks come ready to decorate any way you want. You can paint them, apply patterned paper (as I did here), or vinyl Decor Elements or other embellishments - the possibilities are endless. And there are a gazillion themes you can use them for. If you like the idea of lettering, think BABY for the nursery, HOME for the living room or entryway, READ for a den, library, or bookshelf, maybe even a combo of WORK/PLAY for the home office. The list goes on ...

Christmas Craft Projects Home Decorating

With the arrival of those darling stitched felt accent pieces, I knew immediately that I wanted to do a Christmas theme with the blocks. I tried to keep it fairly simple so it wouldn't be overly time consuming, but I also wanted enough detail to be interesting. I do like how the project turned out. Of course I would LOVE to know what YOU think!

Paper and Wood Handmade Christmas Decorations

I managed to sneak in a couple of digital elements in place of actual rubber stamping. I love having the additional options for stamp set images and greetings right at my fingertips with My Digital Studio™ (digital design software from Stampin' Up!).  Many images can be re-sized (within reason) to suit the proportions of your project, which is super awesome in my book!

Stampin' Up! Craft Products Clearance Rack Sale

Feeling a little punchy this time of year? Head on over to the Stampin' Up! Online Clearance Rack Blitz. You'll find lots of decorative punches on sale now along with other great products to use in your crafty creations.

Thanks for visiting Stampingville today - I hope you enjoyed this project.
Oh, and comments? I happen to love them!
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Stitched Stockings (W-123782, C-123784), Every Little Bit (W-117096, C-120558)
Ink: Garden Green (102272), Cherry Cobbler (119669)
Paper: Garden Green (102584), Whisper White (100730), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (124002)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Alphabet Simple Letters Die (115960), Northern Frost Sizzlet Decorative Strip Die (120901), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Scallop Oval Punch (119856), Modern Label Punch (119849), Decorative Label Punch (120907), 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874), Stocking Builder Punch (124095), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sponge Daubers (102892)
Accessories: Decor Blocks (116829), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (123125), Mini Jingle Bells (124116), Winter Wishes Stitched Felt (124108), Jewels - Basic Rhinestones (119246), Silver Glimmer Paper (124005)
Digital: Old Saint Nick and Wishes & Greetings Stamp Brush Sets (My Digital Studio)
3" Smooth MDF Decor Blocks by Stampin' Up!

Comments

  1. These are fabulous! Love how you decorated them. Thanks for joining us in our last Inkspirations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo