Saturday, January 14, 2012

Be Mine, Valentine


Clean & Simple Valentine Card Idea


Get the conversation started with this clean and simple Valentine Card. It features the new À la Carte rubber stamp, Candy Conversations, from Stampin’ Up! In addition to being really cute, I think it is also fairly versatile as far as single stamps go - there are a lot of ways to play around with this one. I'm also a lifelong fan of those little candy hearts!

I had the basic idea for this card in my head and then toyed with adding this or that, but in the end nixed those ideas in favor of keeping it simple. With this design you can switch out colors to create a Valentine card appropriate for anyone - man, woman, or child. Valentine's Day seems to be a real challenge for creating "masculine cards", doesn't it?

Valentine Card Stamped With Candy Conversations Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

The main image was stamped on Whisper White card stock - using markers to color the sentiment and arrow.  The row of hearts were stamped (in each of the three colors) and cropped with the Small Heart Punch, then placed over the original image using Stampin' Dimensionals.

To create the fun shape I used the new Framelits Die (Labels Collection) for the Big Shot.

HIP TIP: Framelits are designed to cut one layer at a time. I simply placed the Framelits Die over my pre-stamped white layer to position it exactly where I wanted to cut it.

So wadda-ya-say, Valentine, got any sweet talk for me?!

xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:

Stamps: Candy Conversations (125560)
Ink: Melon Mambo (115656), Wisteria Wonder (122936), Daffodil Delight (119667); Melon Mambo (121074) and Basic Black (100082) Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Basic Gray (121044), Melon Mambo (115320), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Framelits Dies - Labels Collection (125598), Small Heart Punch (117193)
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

2 comments:

  1. Just found you from Splitcoast! This card is wonderful -- as is the rest of your artwork! So happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, such a sweet comment! Thank you so much Michelle. Glad you found me and happy to have you visit me here! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo