Dazzling Love - WOW Techniques

Valentine Love Handmade Card Idea

This dazzling little Valentine card is, of course, aimed at the heart like one of Cupid's arrows. However, I think it could also be used as a sweet wedding or anniversary card as well. All the credit for this little gem goes to Stampin' Up! It was featured in the January issue of Stampin' Success, a monthly magazine the company sends out exclusively to their demonstrators. Yea for perks!

The sparkly background was created by stamping the flourish from the Creative Elements stamp set onto card stock, then using Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (glitter glue) to "trace" the outline. The applicator tip is small enough to allow you great control as you apply it - although you may want to practice a few lines first. This WOW technique is pretty fun!

Stampin' Up! Creative Elements Valentine Card

For the sentiment, I tried a tricky "wheely" cool technique: I used a marker to ink the word love on the I {Love} Love Jumbo Wheel. Then I carefully positioned it and rolled it by hand onto the stamped vintage banner piece.

No, I didn't use the Jumbo Handle for the wheel, I rolled just the wheel.

Yes, it takes a little practice. Totally worth the effort!

The beautiful butterfly (also from the Creative Elements stamp set) was stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink on Blushing Bride card stock. I then carefully added a layer of Crystal Effects. Once it dries, it is very glossy and rich looking. The butterfly is hand cut, adorned with Basic Pearls and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.

HIP TIP: Be sure to allow plenty of drying time for both Dazzling Details and Crystal Effects. I recommend 30 minutes for thin applications and an hour or more for thicker applications.

I just realized ... that's THREE techniques on this card, which I guess makes today's post a Triple Threat Technique Thursday. Hee!  Hope you are inspired to try one. Or three.

xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:

Stamps: Creative Elements (W-122645, C-122647), I {Love} Love Jumbo Wheel (117084)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (119669), Soft Suede (115657), Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker (119681)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (119685), Blushing Bride (119796), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Lace Ribbon Border Punch (122362), Sponge Daubers (102892)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (125585), Crystal Effects (101055), Basic Pearls (119247)
*Card size is 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"

Creative Elements Rubber Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Creative Elements Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

Comments

  1. Definitely 3 wow techniques! "Love" the wheely great idea about just markering up a piece of the wheel. Thanks so much for entering this in the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...all I can say is wow! Love the butterfly, love the "love", and especially love the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the flourish! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful!! You did an awesome job with the wheel & lining it up perfectly! Love the glittery background too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGEOUS card! Love how you did that sparkly background! I'm going to have to try that! Thanks for joining us for the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful details, really! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is really pretty! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Gayle for your kind comments on my SUO entry--it was from your post that I learned I'd made Top 3! Your card is gorgeous! I love the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details! Looking forward to trying your "wheely" cool technique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo