Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Big Fat Party Hat Birthday (Card)

Quick & Easy Party Hat Birthday Card

Not mine, mind you. Obviously, I'm not 3. But my cutie-patootie niece just turned 3 and I created this fun birthday card just for her. And I took a few shortcuts, which made this card super quick and easy to create.

The patterned paper is from the Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper collection, which has been a go-to choice for bright and fun projects. It was practically a no-brainer for this card! For the hat shape, I cheated eliminated having to figure out measurements by using the largest pennant on the Perfect Pennants Die and one zip through the Big Shot.

The Big Top Birthday Quick Accents dressed up the hat nicely - another shortcut. (The Quick Accents are die-cut and self-adhesive, so you just stick them right on your project.) I grabbed a number three from the Merry Medley On Board Chipboard pack and inked it with Old Olive Craft Ink.

While that dried, I created a cute little pom-pom using the new Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine. To do that, simply loop twine around your fingers, slide it off and tie a piece of twine around the middle of the loops to gather and secure them. Snip the loops at both ends and fluff. That's it.

The birthday greeting, from the Curly Cute stamp set, was inked using a Stampin' Write Marker so I could stamp one word above the other instead of in one continuous line. (I used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement.)  For this technique, I inked just the word "birthday" and stamped. The next step is very important: clean and dry the stamp. Then I inked up the word "happy" and stamped above the first word.

I attached my dry chipboard number using Stampin' Dimensionals; the pom-pom was attached with a Mini Glue Dot.  And there you have it. My Big Fat Party Hat Birthday Card! This makes a great children's birthday card, but with a few changes you could certainly create an adult version as well. Don't you think?

xoxo



To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:

Stamps: Curly Cute (W-117014, C-120510)
Ink: Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker (100079), Craft Stampin' Spots - Brights (119718)
Paper: Daffodil Delight (119683), Whisper White (100730), Lucky Limeade (122926), Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper (124339)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die (123126), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Accessories: Big Top Birthday Quick Accents (122368), Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (125572), Merry Medley On Board Chipboard (122958)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo