Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Enchanting Easter Card

Heaven Blessed Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

I just love this adorable Easter card, designed by my good friend and swap buddy, Maria. The focal image is from the Heaven Blessed stamp set - a new Easter set featured in the Occasions Mini Catalog by Stampin' Up!  The image was colored using Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a Blender Pen on Very Vanilla card stock and simply cropped with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.

Hand Stamped Easter Card Ideas

The gorgeous patterned paper is the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper - a free Sale-a-bration selection available until March 31. I LOVE this paper. The colors and patterns are stunning and will look beautiful on cards or scrapbook pages or any other project you create. It would be a beautiful choice for Mother's Day projects too. The coordinating Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack (in Lucky Limeade) ties up the card front beautifully along with a Boho Blossom Punch flower.

Handmade Greeting Card Unique Fold

Are you loving this unique fold? It's a simple WOW that is very easily created: The Pool Party card base is standard size (5-1/2" x 4-1/4") with the traditional card front cropped at the halfway point. Inside the card is basically a smaller "card" measuring 4-1/4" x 3-1/4" (finished size) with the fold on the right. The inside of the smaller card contains the greeting and a small image from the set. The smaller card is mounted inside the base card on a piece of Soft Suede card stock.

Rubber Stamping Children's Easter Cards


If you have questions on how to create this card, please let me know in the comments or send me an e-mail. I'll be happy to explain the process in greater detail.

Happy Wednesday - have a great day!
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Heaven Blessed Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

Heaven Blessed Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Wood Mount - Item #125862 - Shop Now
Clear Mount - Item #125864 - Shop Now

2 comments:

  1. Hi, could you tell me more specifically how you made this card? I realise I'm about 5 years too late but the design really caught my eye and I'd love to try and make it!

    It's my first time visiting your blog and from what I've seen, its amazing. I'm an amateur card maker at best, just using what I have in the house. I don't have all the professional tools like a die cutter or embellishing stuff. Just a box cutter and sticky dots. So any explanation in layman terms please!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Thanks for commenting on this card and my blog.

      The base card is created by cutting a piece of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock in half lengthwise, so it measures 4-1/4" x 11". Score and fold the piece at the halfway point at 5-1/2". Unfold the card and cut 2-3/4" off one end.

      The smaller (inner) folded card measures 3-1/4" x 8-1/2" and is then scored and folded in half (at 4-1/4").

      Hope this helps. Happy Creating!

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo