Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's Your Day, Mom!

Paper Pieced Quilt Look Mother's Day Card

Mother's Day seems like the perfect occasion to create a quilt-look card. And for the patterned paper? Why, Flirtatious, of course! All those pretty doily patterns were begging to go on this card. ;)

This is a great way to use up those bits and scraps of paper. I adhered them to a piece of white card stock and then die-cut the shape with the Top Note Die in the Big Shot. The Square Lattice Embossing Folder gives it rich texture that really adds to the quilted look.


Mother's Day Card Sentiment - It's Your Day

The sentiment, from the It's Your Day stamp set, works well for several occasions including Mother's Day. I added a tiny punched flower using the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. (Yes, again. It's become one of my go-to tools for a quick and easy embellishment that always coordinates with my project!)

So ... are you still working on Mother's Day projects or are you done? I have an adorable little creation for Mom that I'll be sharing tomorrow. You won't want to miss it!

xoxo







To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: It's Your Day* (123682)
Ink: Melon Mambo (115656)
Paper: Pretty in Pink (100459), Whisper White (100730), Melon Mambo (115320), Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper* (122360)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Top Note Bigz Die (113463), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976), Framed Tulips Embossing Folder (121809), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon* (117289), Jewels-Basic Pearls (119247), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
  *Available until May 31, 2012 or while supplies last.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! That doily paper works wonderfully for the quilted look. I'm glad that you joined us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This paper is beautiful for a quilt card!! I am looking for more ideas on these and I'm adding this one to my list. Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right - Flirtatious is perfect for a quilt card! Very pretty! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo