Mother's Day Mini Card & Scallop Envelope

Handmade die-cut scallop envelope and matching mini card

I find it totally fascinating what you can create with rubber stamps, ink, card stock, and a few embellishments. I suppose that is what pulls us to papercrafting in the first place and keeps us coming back for more year after year. This little mini card and envelope are a prime example. I LOVE how this turned out and couldn't wait to share it with you!

Embellished Stampin' Up! Die-Cut Scallop Envelope

The mini envelope is easily created with the Stampin' Up! Scallop Envelope Die and the Big Shot. Then the real fun begins. I embellished the scallop envelope using the Creative Elements stamp set, patterned paper, crochet trim, pearls, and seam binding ribbon.

Scallop Envelope with embossing detail, ribbon and crochet trim


I searched high and low through my rubber stamps for one that simply said "mom", but came up empty handed. Not to worry ... I created my own!  Using the word "from" in the Fabulous Phrases stamp set, I used a Stampin' Write Marker to ink the letters "om" and stamped them on Very Vanilla card stock. I cleaned the stamp and inked again, this time only inking the letter "m" and stamped it right next to other two letters. I used the new Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to emboss the tiny hearts above and below "mom". I cropped it using the Small Oval Punch and sponged around the edges. Ta-Da!

Scallop Envelope Interior and Hand Stamped Enclosure Card

For the mini card inside, I simply used the same delicate flourish for the background, added the butterfly and the "happy mother's day" greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. There is still room to write a short message and/or signature.

I'm calling this a mini card, but the proper name is more likely a "gift enclosure card". Whatever you choose to call it, I think it will make a lovely addition to any gift and will be a treasured keepsake. I think it would be terrific along with flowers or a plant, as opposed to one of those generic cards in a small plain envelope. Are you with me on this one?

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!
xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Creative Elements (W-122645, C-122647), Fabulous Phrases (W-117002, C-120501), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Ink: Soft Suede (115657), Daffodil Delight (119667), Pool Party (122938), VersaMark (102283), Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker* (120973)
Paper: Soft Suede (115318), Very Vanilla (101650), Pool Party (122924), Poppy Parade* (119793), Attic Boutique DSP (retired)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Scallop Envelope Bigz Die (113462), Small Oval Punch (120908), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (125601), Sponge Daubers (102892), Sticky Strip (104294), Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (109130), Heat Tool (100005)
Accessories: Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (118481), Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon** (125583), Jewels - Basic Pearls (119247)
  *Available until May 31, 2012 or while supplies last
**Sneak Peek! Available June 1, 2012


Stampin' Up! Creative Elements Stamp Set Artwork

Creative Elements Stamp Set © Stampin' Up!

Comments

  1. This is simply amazing! Every detail is perfection! I'm calling it "amazing things come in small packages"!! So glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! Now why didn't I think of calling it that? ;)

      Delete
  2. Another entry, Gayle, and this is a beautiful one! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo