Friday, August 31, 2012

Masculine Clockworks Watercolor Card


What fun I had creating this masculine card! I had several ideas in mind to incorporate and my "experiment" turned out purt-near the way I envisioned. Okay, the first card wasn't a winner, but after a few tweaks this card was up to snuff. Hee!

Inspiration for this card came from a) Operation Write Home - with a recent color wash card, plus a challenge this week for masculine cards, and b) Moxie Fab World's Asymmetry Challenge.

To create the color wash background, I lightly rubbed More Mustard ink onto the top corner of a piece of Watercolor Paper using a Stampin' Sponge. And I mean lightly - barely any ink on the sponge!

Next I lightly spritzed the paper with water and using an Aqua Painter and ink pads layered on Garden Green and Marina Mist ink. Again very lightly, using lots of water with just a touch of ink and let it dry between layers plus lots of blending with the Aqua Painter.



The top and center images were stamped and clear embossed; the lower image was stamped only. I spritzed the piece lightly using the Color Spritzer Tool with Marina Mist and Garden Green Stampin' Write Markers.

The timepiece was stamped on Vellum card stock, embossed with Pewter embossing powder and hand cut. I added teeny-tiny bits of Stampin' Dimensionals (behind the embossing), then attached it to the card with a pewter brad.

The greeting is stamped using Basic Gray ink on Naturals Ivory card stock and sponged with More Mustard. I chose the "thinking of you" sentiment to tie in with the timepiece, but this also allows several options to the sender for the inside message: hello, missing you, get well, tough times, etc.  Also, while I designed this with masculine in mind, it's suitable for any gender.

xoxo

 

My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Clockworks Stamp Set © Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Clockworks (W-127290, C-127292), Sweet Essentials (W-126455, C-126457)
Ink: Marina Mist (126962), More Mustard (126964), Garden Green (126973), Basic Gray (126981), VersaMark (102283), Marina Mist Stampin' Write Marker (119679), Regals Collection Stampin' Write Markers (119701)
Paper: Marina Mist (119682), Naturals Ivory (101849), Vellum Card Stock (101856), Watercolor Paper (122959)
Tools: Heat Tool (129053), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Pewter Embossing Powder (124114), Aqua Painter (103954), Stampin' Sponges (101610), Color Spritzer Tool (107066)
Accessories: Metallic Brads (119741), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

4 comments:

  1. The pocket watch on your card blows me away. I have never thought about embossing on vellum before. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! Embossing on Vellum card stock is just as easy as regular card stock. Give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Hey Gayle! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cath! It was fun. Thanks for the challenge.

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo