Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pennant Parade Christmas

Stampin' Up! Pennant Parade Christmas Card

While some of you might think it's a tad early for Christmas Cards, I know lots of you do start thinking about (and planning) your holiday cardmaking and crafting around this time of year.

As a professional procrastinator, I admire such planning and organization. This greeting card is not, however, a sign that I've suddenly turned a new leaf.

While at convention last month, our small group took part in a large (50 people!) shoebox swap that is organized months before convention.  The theme is "demonstratable wow cards", meaning a card that Stampin' Up! demonstrators would use at a workshop/stamping party to show a technique or how a product is used.

In a nutshell, that means a quick card with a little wow thrown in somewhere. It does not mean complicated or fussy. Don't get me wrong - if you've seen some of my cards then you know I love me some fussy. But this isn't the place for fussy.  Besides, we have a time limit of four hours to complete 24 cards. That doesn't leave a lot of time for complicated OR fussy.

Christmas Tree with Stampin' Up! Pennant Parade Stamp Set


After agonizing for awhile forever over what my card would be, I finally settled on this Pennant Parade Christmas card, inspired by the fabulous Carrie Gaskin creation seen here.

Whether creating a project for a group event (long distance no less) or for your mile-long list of friends and family, you should try to keep one thing in mind: Keep It Simple. Mass producing cards is a bit tedious already, so why add to that with lots of spritzing and sprucing and fussing?

This is the little reminder I had to give myself while working on this project:
Keep. It. Simple.
"Maybe I should add some ..." NO!
"Hmm, maybe it would look cute with a ..." NO!! 
"I know - I'll just ..." NO!!!

For the big event, I did all the embossing ahead of time, so the group only had to cut out the frame, stamp three small areas, punch out the tree, and assemble. No fuss - no muss.  And move to the next card. The next fussy card. Pffft.


xoxo


To order Stampin' Up! products online 24/7 CLICK HERE

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Pennant Parade (W-122740, C-122742), Curly Cute (W-117014, C-120510)
Ink: Garden Green (126973), Early Espresso (126974)
Paper: Wild Wasabi (108641), Garden Green (102584), Very Vanilla (101650), Red Glimmer Paper (121790)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (116824), Designer Frames Embossing Folders (123130), Petite Pennants Builder Punch (122361), Owl Builder Punch (118074)
Accessories: Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126875), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo