A Banner Birthday + World Card Making Day Contest

Birthday Banner Handmade Card

Hey, stampers! I'm so excited for World Card Making Day on Saturday, that I decided to start the party early.  I'll be participating in the annual Operation Write Home* Bloghop tomorrow, so be sure to come back and get in on the fun.

*Operation Write Home (OWH) is a non-profit organization that provides donated handmade greeting cards to our troops overseas so they can stay in touch with their families back home.

For the bloghop, we are all using a OWH Sketch of our choice. As a fairly recent newcomer to OWH, I was pretty dang tickled to find a bucketload of cool sketches to choose from. With measurements! Also, I had a hard time narrowing it down to just one.  Lightbulb moment: Hey, I should do THREE sketches and make it a 3-day event!

So welcome to Day 1 of my World Card Making Day Party.  And here is the awesome OWH Sketch I chose for today:
 
Operation Write Home Sketch #B28

My card uses lots of patterned papers from the Stampin' Up! Patio Party Collection. I didn't waiver from the sketch too much, but I did add the little popped up cupcake and flagged the ends of my sentiment strip.



The cupcake (from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set) is cropped using a punch from the Little Labels Punch Pack. Is that not the cutest? The sentiment, from the Bring on the Cake stamp set, was the perfect fit for this sketch.



And just because indecision seems to be my middle name lately, I made a second card with a different arrangement of the same patterned papers. I like the first one better, yes?

A Challenge + Giveaway = 2 Ways to Win

#1 For the next three days, I'll be featuring a sketch and if you'd like to play along you could win some goodies from Stampingville.

Choose any of the three sketches and create a card. Post the card to your blog or online gallery, then come back here and leave a link to your project in the linky widget below by midnight on Monday. This challenge is open to everyone, and you can enter as many times as you want. All projects (from all three days) will be linked here and I'll pick one winner on Wednesday.

Challenge Winner will receive: One package of Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper and a Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.



#2 If you can't join in the challenge, leave a comment with your favorite thing about cardmaking. Only one comment per day per person. I'll pick one random winner from all the comments received over the three days. Winner will be announced on Wednesday.

Comment winner will recieve: 6x6 Assorted Holiday Paper Stack (55 sheets) and two rolls of 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (one Chocolate Chip, one Real Red).



Have fun and good luck! See you tomorrow.




xoxo

 
My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Bring on the Cake (W-121899, C-121958), Itty Bitty Bits (W-117056, C-120060)
Ink: Baja Breeze (126960), Primrose Petals (126858)
Paper: Baja Breeze (111352), Whisper White (100730), Primrose Petals (126841), Patio Party Designer Series Paper (126916)
Tools: Little Labels Punch Pack (126881), 3/4" Circle Punch (119873)
Accessories: Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262)

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. I must say, I have so many favorite things about card making. However, card making has introduced me to so many special people who have become such wonderful friends. So, I guess that is my favorite thing.
    XO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'd love to play, hope I'll have time to. Happy WCMD too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a smaller canvas to work on (over a scrapbook page). And the expressions when someone loves a handmade card you've given are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW you are on a roll! I love making cards for OWH, and have met many wonderful people. Since being downsized out of my job, at least I had another way to occupy my time, at least till the supplies run out!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    http://deliteful-alpha-sets.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too was excited with all the sketches that OWH has to offer. I really love making cards as I like immediate gratification. I also love to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to making cards but I love creating different cards for my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards! Banners make everything so much fun and the papers and stamps really work so well together!!!
    I love making cards because I love feeling like I'm helping someone else feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards with the banners are just adorable!

    I started out as a scrapbooker first, so the thing I love about card making is that I can finish a card faster than a scrapbook page! Plus, I've met TONS of great people through OWH, my LSS and my SU! demonstrator's monthly Stamp Club. Card making and scrapbooking are my ways of relaxing and unwinding and having a good time with girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI, and thanks for the chance to win!! I LOVE cardmaking because not only is it fun, relaxing, and rewarding for me, the end results (hopefully) bless other people, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your papers and banners. So cute. I'm out of town for 8 days so can't make any cards but thanks for the chance to enter your drawings by commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all the papers you used and the cute banner. I like cardmaking because of the creativity and the joy people get receiving the cards.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have to say that my favorite thing about cardmaking is knowing that the recipient knows that love was put into that card for them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite thing about card making is that they're quicker than a layout! I guess this comment tells you that my 1st love is scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete