Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gobble Gobble

3-D Paper Turkey and Pumpkin

Gee, doesn't everybody need a little 3-D paper turkey to hang out with?

I had a few strips of patterned paper laying around and thought I might as well put them to good use. So I decided to whip up a turkey and a pumpkin.

I drew the turkey head and neck onto Crumb Cake card stock. (Okay, I totally did not draw that. I traced the outline of a turkey from a photo I took.) After cutting it out, I sponged on More Mustard, Soft Suede, and Cherry Cobbler ink.

The "tail feathers" are simply rosettes created from Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper stacked on top of one another.  His eyes are Rhinestone Basic Jewels colored with a Black Sharpie and a Designer Button covers the center of the smallest rosette.

For the pumpkin, I wanted to try using the Ornament Punch. (I made a similar pumpkin using a Circle punch - you can see it here.)  I thought the top of the ornament would make a good stem for the pumpkin.


Ornament Punch Shape


After punching the shapes (about 20), I trimmed off the lower point of the ornament. Each one was folded in half and the halves were glued together one on top of the next. Then the end halves are glued together to make the continuous shape.

Assembling the pumpkin shape


The paper I used was the Tangerine Tango print from the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper collection. I sponged around each piece with Tangerine Tango ink and then sponged the "stem" with Old Olive.

And now I'm off to stalk the man in brown. He's got a very special delivery from Stampin' Up! on his truck today. I can't reveal what it is just yet, but I'm super excited. Stay tuned.

xoxo

 
My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Ink:
More Mustard (126964), Cherry Cobbler (126966), Soft Suede (126978), Tangerine Tango (126946)
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper (126906), Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (125409)
Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882), Ornament Punch (119847), Sticky Strip (104294), Stamping Sponges (101610)
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), Regals Designer Buttons (119744), Linen Thread (104199)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

7 comments:

  1. So very cool! A very trendy turkey (but so perfect to use that fan shape of the rosettes for his feathers!) And I'm just in love with the pumpkin! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the turkey to stand up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get the turkey to stand up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rosettes are all flush at the bottom and the turkey body acts a "kickstand". This one was a bit touchy - he fell over a few times!

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo