Halloween Not-So-Spooky Tree

Decorated Halloween Tree

I've been decking the halls with some ghosts and goblins. Okay, not really. But I have been pulling out the Halloween decor and creating a few new things. This little tree is actually a card tree, but I knew when I got it that it would look really cute decorated up for different occasions.


Halloween Mini Paint Can


I also pulled out some mini paint cans that have been collecting dust waiting for me to decorate them. They are so cute and even have a little "key" to open them with.


Mini Paint Can Top View


I stamped a few pieces from the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set and cut them out and popped them onto some Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper.


Chevron pattern rosette


That paper, by the way, is terrific for these Halloween rosette ornaments. Speaking of rosettes - I could have used my Simply Scored to create them, but I used the Designer Rosette Bigz Die instead.


Rosette with Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set by Stampin' Up!


If you like making rosettes, you will love this die. I simply cut strips of paper and layed them across the die. It does the scoring for you and it is sooooo quick and easy.


Halloween Spooky Bingo Bits Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!


My rosettes for the tree are only 2 or 3 inches wide, but the die can create large rosettes up to 10 inches in diameter. Think hanging party decor or the beautiful decor pieces shown in the catalog (page 194). I can't wait to make something similar to the catalog project idea.


Simple Rosette Ornament for Decorative Halloween Tree


Making these was so much fun and because I kept them fairly simple, they came together very quickly.

3-D Paper Pumpkin with rosette

I couldn't resist making a little 3-D pumpkin and it's so cute! To make this, I punched out four circles, folded them in half, rounded the edges at the fold, and then glued the halves together in a stack. The result is this cute pumpkin shape!

Time to tackle the outside decorations. Who's coming over to help me string a web from the roof? Anyone? Hello? Hmmmm ...

xoxo

 
My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits (W-123944, C-123946)
Ink: Tangerine Tango (111349), Jet Black StazOn (101406), VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Basic Black (121045), Very Vanilla (101650), Tangerine Tango (111349), Silver Glimmer Paper (124005), Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper (126906)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die (125594), Curly Label Punch (119851), Decorative Label Punch (120907), 1" Circle Punch (119868), 1-3/4" Circle Punch (119850), 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch (127811), 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854)
Accessories: Linen Thread (104199), Neutrals Designer Buttons (119743), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments