Winter Greetings + Still Time To Play

Christmas Card with Stampin' Up! Winter Memories Stamp Set

Whew! I'm almost worn out from all the fun and excitement of World Card Making Day yesterday. Almost. I hope you took a hop around the Operation Write Home Bloghop - there was so much winter/holiday card making inspiration! If you haven't already, be sure to check it out.

OWH Bonus Sketch

It's day three of my WCM Day party and as promised, I have another card and OWH card sketch for you. I found this bonus sketch during the bloghop and got an idea right away, so I couldn't resist using it for today's challenge. (More challenge and giveaway details below.)


This beautiful winter scene is one of the vintage images from the Winter Memories stamp set featured in the Holiday Catalog. I love this entire set, but this image is my favorite.


Stampin' Up! Winter Memories stamp set


I used a combination of Stampin' Write Markers and an Aqua Painter with Classic Stampin' Pads to watercolor the image. I placed it on a Soft Suede panel with the edges slightly distressed. Rather than card stock or patterned paper strips, I chose to use Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon accented with Designer Ribbon Slides. The slides are very lightweight and low profile, so there are no worries about extra bulk for mailing purposes. Love that!

Stampin' Up! Greetings of the Season Stamp Set


The sentiment is from the Greetings of the Season stamp set and I heat embossed it with Early Espresso embossing powder. I really like the combination of fonts used for this greeting - very elegant with a touch of vintage.

On to the good stuff ... I've got some stamping goodies to give away to two lucky winners!

First, be sure to leave a comment below and tell me your favorite technique to use on your cards. Is it watercoloring? Embossing? Distressing? Maybe clean and simple is more your style? Let me know and be entered to win the random drawing. Be sure to comment on the posts from Friday and Saturday too, to increase your chances of winning. Complete details and prize info HERE.

For the challenge ... create a card using one of the three OWH sketches featured since Friday. Post your card to your blog or online gallery, then go to Friday's post to link your creation and be entered to win. Complete challenge details and linky can be viewed HERE.

I'm loving all the great comments - keep 'em coming! And I hope you'll enter the challenge too. I'd love to see your creativity.

xoxo

 
My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Stampin' Up! Winter Memories Stamp Set Artwork
Winter Memories Stamp Set © Stampin' Up!

Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Winter Memories (W-127934, C-127937), Greetings of the Season (W-128030, C-128033)
Ink: Gumball Green (126861), Garden Green (126973), Bashful Blue (126961), Sahara Sand (126976), Crumb Cake (126975), Riding Hood Red (126968), Soft Suede (126978), Bravo Burgandy (126967), Neutrals Collection Stampin' Write Markers (119703), Jet Black StazOn (101406), VersaMark Pad (102283)
Paper: River Rock (108640), Soft Suede (115318), Watercolor Paper (122959)
Tools: Aqua Painter (103954), Heat Tool (129053), Early Espresso Stampin' Emboss Powder (128980)
Accessories: Very Vanilla 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (120999), Round Designer Ribbon Slides (127834)
 
Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. Gayle your card is stunning ! The stamped image ,the amazing ribbon with buttons! Wow! You have colored this card to perfection. Can you tell how much I love your card! Thanks for the beautiful inspration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really created such an elegant card! I love the white ribbon and the coloring is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing!
    My favorite technique is actually using die cuts! I can create my own embellishments the way I want to add dimension and detail to my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! The coloring is rich and gorgeous and the ribbon and slides add real elegance.

    My favorite technique? Can you call using sketches a technique? I love sketches - I don't always follow them exactly, but I *ALWAYS* start with one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Love your coloring - so bold and bright. The ribbon slides and the ribbon are such a great embellishment. This card is going in my fav collection. I think one of my favorite techniques is dry embossing but I really like distressing the paper edges,too, as you did on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring of this lovely image. I like the ribbon slides too. for everyday card making I like clean and simple but when I want to have fun I play with all sorts of techniques.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love all the new SU goodies you used on it!! I haven't inked mine up...yet!! :D

    My favorite technique...is whichever is the newest one I've tried, lol! I LOVE learning new techniques, using new products, or a new fold, or a card that moves! Huge technique girl!!!! I get bored easily so I have to keep on learning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did a great job coloring this! I really like the distressed edges on the Soft Suede. I think that's a favorite technique of mine, but I don't use it nearly enough. It feel "therapeutic" to rip & tear paper some days! :)

    ReplyDelete