Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Card Making Day + Jolly Christmas

OWH World Card Making Day Bloghop


Welcome to those of you hopping along on the Operation Write Home World Card Making Day Bloghop. I'm so glad you stopped by Stampingville.

Didn't know about the hop? Join the fun - there are lots (and lots) of talented paper-crafters participating, as well as corporate sponsors. Not only will you find an abundance of creativity and inspiration, but also great craft products and freebies too. (I'm hosting a little giveaway myself. Be sure to read on.)


Stampin' Up! No Peeking Stamp Set


My Jolly Christmas card is simple but sassy. I used the No Peeking stamp set by Stampin' Up! for my focal image. 
Card Sketch with Measurements

The sketch I used (pictured at right) was OWH Sketch #33; I turned the sketch to accomodate my jolly friends.

Rhinestone Basic Jewels adorn the tree and deer - I colored one of them with a red Sharpie to turn my deer into Rudy!  The greeting was stamped a second time on a scrap (in Gumball Green), to create the little popped up wreath for the letter "o".

The Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch provided a cute border on either side of the main piece and gave the card an extra pop of color. I made use of the tiny little "dots" from the punched piece - they fit perfectly on the wreath image!

The polka dot pattern from the Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper collection was a natural to carry out the dotted theme.

Before you go I'd love for you to leave a comment about the card or the sketch featured here today. You might even win a little blog candy (a prize) for doing so! Get giveaway details here.

I also have a card challenge going on all weekend. If you'd like to play along, you can find out all the details in yesterday's post HERE. I'd love for you to play along. And the winner gets stamping goodies too!

To continue on with the bloghop, click on the bloghop image at the top of this post or click here.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

xoxo

 

My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: No Peeking (W-126290, C-126292)
Ink: Gumball Green (126861), Soft Suede (126978), and Cherry Cobbler (126966) Classic Stampin' Pads; Marina Mist (119679), and Cherry Cobbler (119681) Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Naturals White (102316), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Whisper White (100730), Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper (126896)
Tools: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

42 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thanks for hopping along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the wreath pops - great use of the punched dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card. I love the set you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little Rudolph Gayle! I especially love the tree gems, wreath and scalloped border. Wonderful card! New follower ~ http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card!! Bravo!

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card and such cute images The little popped wreath is a nice element and ! I like this sketch turned on it's side like this too. Thanks for hopping with us today!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too sweet! Love the colors, the wreath really pops, and how clever to color the rhinestone for Rudolph's very shiny nose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that popped wreath - nice touch!
    Happy World Cardmaking Day!
    Sandy, OWH President

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever to perch the bird above the letter J.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card. Great idea to pop the O as a wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww this is just too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card. Love the way you made the sentiment pop and add some dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the 'O' wreath! Great card!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    http://deliteful-alpha-sets.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is adorable - love the stamp set. I also like the sketch turned on its side and the punched edges on the image panel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the little bird perched on the text!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super cute! I love how you flipped the sketch and included that adorable reindeer. SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great scene made from those stamps! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card-loved the bright green color and stamps that you used

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your "simple but sassy" card! It's so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great card...and absolutely adorable images. I love how you popped the wreath (o) up. I think it makes a huge impact. Thanks for being part of the hop today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is just darling, Gayle! I love how you made the reindeer nose red and all your other little details. Great job! Thanks for being part of our hop today! ~ Julie, OWH Blog Team :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute and cheerful card! I feel so jolly looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card love the jewels and the reindeer is adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Card! I like the gem and the letter "O" stands out. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card and all of the teeny tiny details =) I've done the same thing, reusing the littlest punched out pieces for a project. Tricky, but so worth the effort of adhering those little bits.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute card! I love the popped wreath O!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh this is sooo cute! I love that image and the popped wreath is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute! I love the colors, the dottiness and the sweet little scene and fun sentiment! Thanks for sharing and for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gayle I love your sweet Jolly Christmas card! The polka dots make for such a happy and bright card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how you popped up the wreath. The paper is so bright and cheery - my favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This card is adorable. I too love the popped wreath. That reindeer is sooo cute though. I just love him! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute!! I like the popped wreath, how you made a scene with the stamps, how the blue bird sits up on the J, the red edges and how the dots are all throughout your design!! TFS and for hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I forgot--
      RBBRRMQN at YAHOO dot COM thanks!

      Delete
  33. What a cute, "jolly good" card. Love the pops of red. Great paper. Thanks for the chance for candy and thanks for your support of OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sweet!!! That sketch has always been one of my favorites. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is adorable! I love the image set and the popped up wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cute. I like the red nose and how you decorated the wreath with the leftover dots.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this sketch! Great job on using all those stamps! and then you popped the wreath! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great card! I really like the repetition of the dots, on the background, on the tree garland and on Rudy's scarf & even his bum!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I LOVE your card - the contrast of the bight green & the white, the cute reindeer, the "o" & "j" topper in "jolly"!

    ReplyDelete