Happy Christmas Gift Tag

Happy Christmas Gift Tag with Tulle Ruffles

I've been getting lots of mileage out of the Scalloped Tulle Ribbon and this tag is no exception. This ruffly, frilly tag is so pretty in person and it's really simple to create.

I gave the Crumb Cake tag a pretty "designer" top by using one of the Labels Collection Framelits. I love how it turned out!

Proper placement of paper and framelit die for special cuts.


By slipping just the top of the tag under the edge of the framelit, I was able to die-cut a pretty edge for my tag. (I used red card stock in the photo above for another tag.) You could do this for a wide variety of tag sizes, since there are six framelits in the set to choose from. The card stock should be just slightly narrower than the framelit.

To create the ruffles, simply adhere Sticky Strip in rows across the tag and bunch and gather the Tulle Ribbon as you press it onto the Sticky Strip. I cut lengths of the ribbon about twice the width of the tag and folded them in half, matching up the scallops.

Christmas Tag with Stampin' Up! Crochet Trim and Scalloped Tulle


To attach the Antique Brad, I snipped off the prongs with Craft & Rubber Scissors and added a Glue Dot to the underside. This looks prettier than having the prongs showing as they wrap around the Crochet Trim.

The "Happy Christmas" sentiment is from the More Merry Messages stamp set and is stamped with Early Espresso ink. Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon finishes off the tag.

The Clearance Rack Blitz is still going on ... I just spotted a couple of new items, so be sure to keep checking for more great deals.

xoxo

 
My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: More Merry Messages (W-126400, C-126402)
Ink: Early Espresso (126974)
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), 3/16" Corner Punch (119871), Glue Dots ((103683), Sticky Strip (104294)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler 3-1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon (127841), Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (118481), Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (120992), Antique Brads (117273), Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. With Christmas pretty much over, I finally have time to check out some of my favorite blogs. I just love this tag and love the idea of using the Labels Framelits like that. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angie! So glad you stopped by. Happy New Year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo