Happy National Craft Month


Did you know March is National Craft Month?

"Created by the Craft & Hobby Association in 1994, it was designed to help people learn about and re-discover the joy of crafting and all its many benefits.

From its humble beginnings with just a handful of manufacturers and retailers celebrating, National Craft Month has grown into an international celebration of creativity and innovation with millions of craft enthusiasts ‘getting their craft on’ during the month."
Source: Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) Blog

Crafting in general has seen a resurgence in recent years. Thanks in part to the DIY craze and upcycling trends, a whole new segment of the population has found crafting to be not only useful, but fun too! Many people simply enjoy learning new things and finding new hobbies to occupy their time in a meaningful way.

Is learning a new craft in your future?  In addition to rubber stamping, scrapbooking, and other papercrafts, you might give one of these fun crafts a try this month:
  • Sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting, cross-stitch, weaving
  • Collages, altered art, decoupage, paper mache
  • Painting (oils, acrylics, watercolor), printmaking, tie dye
  • Candle making, jewelry making, beading, woodworking
  • Felt crafting, glass etching, floral crafts, pressing/drying flowers

Of course, obviously, I'm pretty much obsessed with stamping and paper crafting. Creating a beautiful handmade card or a gift using my stamps, ink, paper, and ribbons, gives me immense joy and a real sense of accomplishment.

Not only that, it brings out my creativity - which we all have - in a way that I had never found before with other outlets. Believe me ... I searched!

I'll be sharing some fun craft ideas with you throughout the month, but if you'd like a little inspiration now, here are just a few of my favorite past projects:

(Click on the project name to view additional photos and details.)



















So tell me ... are you planning to try a new craft this month? Do tell - I'd love to know!

xoxo








My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7




Did you enjoy today's post? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments