Amazing Mother | Mother's Day Card

Amazing Mother's Day Card #handmade #vintage #StampinUp #Stampingville

Mother's Day is this Sunday, but there is still plenty of time to create her an amazing handmade card. The trick is to use an ah-may-zing stamp set. You see where I'm going with this right? Yep, it's the Amazing Family stamp set and it is gorgeous.

This stamp set leans toward vintage, but with a fresh, updated look. And while it looks superb stamped with classic inks, it looks ah-may-zing when it's heat embossed! I couldn't resist pairing Pool Party and Early Espresso - the beautiful pale Pool Party embossing on Early Espresso is dreamy.

I kept the card simple and let the embossed layers do all the heavy lifting. That's smart - not lazy - by the way. ;)

Beautiful embossing! #handmade #rubberstamping #StampinUp #Stampingville


I used the En Francais background stamp with Sahara Sand ink. I stamped off once before stamping my card, so the "writing" would be very subtle and just melt into the background. Sponging around the edges with Early Espresso ink gave it lots of depth and a distressed, worn look.

The sentiment, after being stamped and embossed, was die-cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits. Behind that, I layered a simple circle die-cut embossed with the arched flourishes. The paper doily underneath is a perfect fit!

The darling Scallop Dots Ribbon is solid on one side with dots on the other. The dots would have been distracting, so I opted for the solid. Ribbon that pulls double duty? Yes, please! Alas, this ribbon is on the chopping block. Get it in your favorite colors before it retires for good.

xoxo







p.s. I'm playing along (gasp!) with the Mother's Day Theme Challenge over at The Paper Players. Wish me luck!

My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7



Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Amazing Family (W-129189, C-129192), En Francais (109521)
Ink: Sahara Sand (126976), Early Espresso (126974), VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Pool Party (122924), Early Espresso (119686)
Tools: Heat Tool (129053), Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder (129398), Early Espresso Stampin' Emboss Powder (128980), Big Shot (113439), 3" Circle Die (122125), Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies (127003), Stamping Sponges (101610), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon (124142), Tea Lace Paper Doilies (129399), Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (127555)

Stampin' Up! Amazing Family Stamp Set © 2013


Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. YUM! Gorgeous card Gayle. Love the embossing especially pool part on espresso--just gorgeous. Lovely layout with the doily--so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Nance. Glad I was able to play along!

      Delete
  2. Love the faceted buttons with the doily - such a great touch. I love the color scheme, too. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and shared this great card with us
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaydee! I'm a big fan of those buttons and the doilies too!!

      Delete
  3. Gayle, I love all the beautiful embossing on your card, plus I'm a sucker for anything with doilies. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Sandy. I love the doilies too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo