Big Bad Grad

Big Bad Grad Card/Gift Card Holder | Stampingville #graduationcards #giftcardholders #StampinUp #handmadecards

My youngest nephew just graduated from high school and I was able to sneak in a quick trip (along with hubby) to attend his graduation ceremony and visit my family. It was a fun (but short) trip that also coincided with our wedding anniversary, so you know there was lots of celebrating going on!

For the graduate, I put together this graduation card/gift card combo - an idea I borrowed from a swap card I received a few months ago. It was very simple to create, using several framelit dies and the Big Shot.

The card uses a standard card base (5-1/2" x 4-1/4") and I embossed the front using the brand new Modern Mosiac Embossing Folder - a sneak peek from the upcoming Stampin' Up! 2013-2014 Annual Catalog.

The "flap" over the top is created using the Window Frames Collection framelit dies; folding the piece in half and adhering just one side to the back of the card. To the flap, I attached stamped and die-cut flagged strips, as well as the "big bad grad" greeting cropped using the Apothecary Accents framelits.

Graduation Gift Card Holder #papercrafts #rubberstamping #handmade


Inside the card, the base is covered with Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper left over from Sale-a-bration. The pattern coordinates perfectly with the new embossing folder (squee!!)

The gift card and little envelope are attached over the embossed area so the inner greeting and gift card are visible once the card is opened.

Speaking of greetings, I turned to the digital exclusive stamp brush set "You Go Grad" for my graduation card greetings. This stamp brush set is included in the digital content that comes with My Digital Studio or the download can be purchased separately.

I simply printed the greetings on Whisper White card stock using my printer, after recoloring them in the colors I wanted. Afterward, I just ran the printed images through the Big Shot with the appropriate framelits.

Graduation Gift Card Holder #papercrafts #rubberstamping #handmade #Stampin'Up!


My favorite 2013 grad loved his card (and gift card) and got a kick out of it being in his school colors as well.  If you aren't doing school colors like I was, just choose a Designer Series Paper and pull your color scheme from there.

This design will work for any occasion and is appropriate for guys as well as the girls. It would make a great Father's Day or birthday card with a simple switch of sentiments.

xoxo








Shop for Stampin' Up! papercrafting products online:




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Hearts a Flutter (W-129249, C-129252), You Go Grad Digital Stamp Brush Set (129878)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant (126969), Summer Starfruit (126991)
Paper: Elegant Eggplant (105126), Summer Starfruit (126839), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (129984), Hearts A Flutter Framelit Dies (130159), Window Frames Collection Framelit Dies (129021), Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies (127003)
Accessories: Metallic Brads (119741)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments