Thursday, May 30, 2013

Collage Curios Thank You

Vintage Collage Curios + Thank You | Stampingville #cardmaking #papercrafts #StampinUp

I'm sneaking in one last project featuring a Spring Catalog stamp set. I stole cased this idea from a card I spotted at the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference way back in January. Yes, I know it's almost June. I'm sure I can't be the only one who gets side-tracked making other cute projects and forgets about the one I couldn't wait to make. Anyone?

I changed up just a few details from the original, but I really thought this was a sweet card using the vintage style Collage Curios stamp set. This set is the perfect size to coordinate with the Soda Pop Tops, as well as tags, inchies, and artist trading cards. And of course, you can also create a collage focal point for a card or layout as well.

Here, I've stamped the little background verse onto 1" squares, then sponged and distressed the edges, all using Sahara Sand ink. Each square features an additional stamped image in either Pool Party or Island Indigo. The squares are mounted onto punched Postage Stamp pieces and layered onto a larger central piece.

Layered collage images with postage stamp border


For a little something extra, I added two rows of tiny scallops along one side of the focal panel. The scallop rows are cropped using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and layered together. Behind the focal panel are two lengths of the Ruffled Ribbon. I love that cute ribbon and I'll be sad to see it retire this weekend.

The thank you greeting is from the Perfectly Penned stamp set, which I clear embossed although it doesn't show in the photo.

Just a reminder: Items from the Spring Catalog (that are not carried over to the Annual Catalog) are only available through May 31. Online ordering will be unavailable from midnight until noon (MDT) on that day, while the system is transitioning to the new Catalog.

It's almost here! The new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog goes live tomorrow - Woo Hoo!
(12 PM Mountain/2 PM Eastern).

Be still my heart ...

xoxo








Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products



Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Collage Curios (W-129099, C-129102), Perfectly Penned (W-122890, C-122892)
Ink: Island Indigo (126986), Sahara Sand (126976), Pool Party (126982), VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Sahara Sand (121043), Island Indigo (122923), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Heat Tool (129053), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Postage Stamp Punch (122344), 1" Square Punch (124094), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Pool Party Ruggled Ribbon (122975), Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon (122974), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

2 comments:

  1. Love how you've used Collage Curios on this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karren. That really is a sweet little stamp set. Wish it would've carried over.

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo