Elegant Floral + Lace Wedding Card

Ivory Wedding Wishes Card Idea - Stampin' Up!

This clean and simple wedding card is elegant, sophisticated, and charming all rolled into one. It's definitely a contender as one of my favorite cards. And maybe the best part of all? This card can be created in 10 minutes or less!

I pulled the beautiful wide lace from the Artisan Embellishments Kit featured in the Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog.  No matter where you live, you probably heard me squeal when I first saw it and I'm going to be so sad come May 31 when the Spring Catalog ends and this kit goes away.

Because the lace does not fray, I cut it the exact length of the card and attached it using Glue Dots - strategically hidden behind the more solid flowers of the lace. (Otherwise, I would have cut it a bit longer and wrapped the ends around to the back.)

Wedding card flower & lace close-up


The little fabric flowers (Vanilla 5/8" Flower Trim) come on strips of tulle, and I snipped apart each of the three flowers individually and adhered them to the lace using Glue Dots.

The leaves, created from River Rock card stock using the Big Shot and the Little Leaves Sizzlit, were snipped apart into smaller sections and tucked in behind the flowers, again using Glue Dots.

I borrowed the "wedding wishes" sentiment from the Easy Events stamp set and inked just the lettering on the stamp using River Rock ink. The Bitty Banners Framelit Die was a perfect fit for the greeting.

Several of the items used on today's card are on the chopping block (retired list) and won't be available much longer. Be sure to get your favorites while you can.

xoxo





My Stampin' Up! Online Store is Open 24/7



Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Easy Events (W-116958, C-123225)
Ink: River Rock (126977)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), River Rock (108640)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Little Leaves Sizzlits Die (114511), Bitty Banners Framelits Dies (129267), Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Artisan Embellishments Kit (129328), Vanilla 5/8" Flower Trim (126869)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. This is really beautiful Gayle, very understated and classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the beauty of this card comes through in the photo. It's been dark and rainy here for days - makes getting a good photo tough! Thanks so much for taking time to comment. xoxo

      Delete
  2. This card is gorgeous! Love the tone on tone look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's really a stunner in person. Um, if I do say so myself. (lol!) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love this. Will share it with our readers at MyShadiCards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo