Thursday, May 23, 2013

Stampin' Up! Moving Forward + Birthday Flight

Cute birthday card for your kiddo! #handmadecards #handmadebirthdaycards #rubberstamping #Stampin'Up! #Stampingville

The talented designers at Stampin' Up! always manage to create really cute rubber stamps for our exclusive RMHC (Ronald McDonald House Charities®) set each year and the Moving Forward stamp set is no exception.

This time I've paired the darling blimp with some embossed clouds and rolling hills, plus the funny little bird just for fun.  The clouds are created using the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder featured in the Spring Catalog. I don't believe this folder will be available after the catalog ends on May 31. (Read: get it now or be sad later.)

Cute blimp from Stampin' Up! Moving Forward Stamp Set | Stampingville


The blimp was hand cut sans the little propeller and basket, which I stamped separately, fussy cut, and attached to the back of the blimp so the entire image could be popped up with dimensionals.

The "rolling hills" were roughly hand drawn on the back of the patterned paper before cutting them out. They are basically just wide curves, but I would never attempt to freehand cut them. Knowing me, I'd end up wasting all the sheets of patterned paper before I got them right.

Designer Series Paper for hills below + embossed clouds overhead | Stampingville


The "hill" in front was cut using a slightly different curve, then popped up with dimensionals to create the extra texture and ... wait for it ... dimension!

I'm thinking this would make a great birthday card for a kiddo - or a kid at heart, for that matter. If you missed my more grown up friend card from last week, you can see it here.

I should mention (again) that another cool thing about purchasing this stamp set is that Stampin' Up! donates $3 to RMHC for every set sold. It's a great way to do a little good while enjoying your favorite hobby. Right?  Right.  But be sure to get it before it retires - the last day to order it is June 3, 2013.

xoxo








Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Moving Forward (W-126320, C-126322)
Ink: Midnight Muse (126860), Tangerine Tango (126946)
Paper: Midnight Muse (126843), Bashful Blue (105120), Whisper White (100730), Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack (129312)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127022), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Silver Basics Designer Buttons (129325), Calypso Coral Baker's Twine (125573)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

8 comments:

  1. Cute, CUTE! I love the dimension in your card! I also love how you used the embossing folder on only the top part of the sky (I don't know why I always feel the need to emboss the whole piece)! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deena! I love that you can choose a few clouds or lots of them, just by moving the folder around.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is absolutely adorable!! Love the fussy cutting on the image and those handcut hills are perfect!! I agree with Deena as well- love the embossing folder for the sky plus the little bird walking up the hill- such a cute detail!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! That little bird cracks me up! ;)

      Delete
  3. SUPER cute...love the DSP rolling hills...clever. It is a great RMHC set and I'll miss it, too! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. This DSP was perfect for the hills!

      Delete
  4. SO CUTE! I love your card and how you used the DSP for the rolling hills. This is such a fun set and I know I'll miss it. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. Yep, a really fun set - as usual for our RMHC set each year ;)

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo