Thursday, June 13, 2013

All Mixed Up: I Miss You Card

I Miss You: Mix and match challenge card by Stampingville

There's an old rule that says patterns shouldn't be combined.

But cardmakers (and scrapbookers) have been breaking that rule for some time now. That's what happens when we buy lots of pretty patterned paper!

Now we've got an all out dare with the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge over at Moxie Fab World . The challenge?
Create a paper crafted project that incorporates pattern mixing in an innovative way.
Well, gee - that's hard to pass up. ;) I don't know about innovative, but I sure managed to mix up a few patterned papers!

Miss You sentiment with die-cut Deco Labels (framelits)


I was dying to pair the "I miss you already" stamp (from the new Really Good Greetings stamp set) with the adorable luggage patterned paper from the new I Am Me Designer Series Paper collection. So I figured what the heck and threw in three more patterns. Um, that really sounds like a hot mess, now doesn't it.

I die-cut two of the papers using the new Deco Labels Collection Framelits and sponged them with Basic Gray ink. I think that helped to define things a bit. The sentiment was stamped on the fourth and final patterned paper, cropped with a circle punch, and popped up in the center of the layered labels.

I decided at the last minute to incorporate a little ribbon. The Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon helps to pull that color out more to balance the heavier red and gray colors.

I dunno. It's busy, but I kind of like it. It's definitely a stretch beyond my normal pattern mixing, but it was a fun experiment.

Oh, and if you think this CARD is a little busy, be sure to check out the inspiration photos for the challenge. Apparently, the fashion industry has taken note and wants in on the fun, because there is some serious print mixing going on like nobody's business!

xoxo







Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products



Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Really Good Greetings (W-130330, C-130333)
Ink: Basic Gray (126981), Real Red (126949)
Paper: Basic Gray card stock (121044), I Am Me Designer Series Paper (130138)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies (130102), 1-3/4" Circle Punch (119850), Stamping Sponges (101610), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon (125582)

Are you a pattern mixer? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

11 comments:

  1. What a fun and very different combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that! It's certainly different for me!

      Delete
  2. Love this! It's perfect for the Mixy-Matchy Moxie Fab challenge. The chevron layer is perfectly placed and gives just the separation needed. It's not my normal style but I may have to give the Mixy-Matchy style a go too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! Not my style either, but it really was a lot of fun. Give it a go!

      Delete
  3. Hey Gayle! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo