Monday, June 24, 2013

Yippee-Skippee!

Yippee-Skippee! Festive + fun card by Stampingville

As I flipped through the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog for the first time, I knew right away that the Yippee-Skippee stamp set would be on my first order. I mean, come on. How could I not get a stamp set called Yippee-Skippee!?

First of all, it has six unique sentiments designed using fun, trendy fonts. But aside from that, there probably isn't a day that goes by that I don't use the word "yippee"!  It might be in an email, on this blog, in a tweet, or said in conversation. It's me. It's a thing.

It doesn't hurt that I think it's going to be fun to say out loud to my stamping friends:

"Today we'll be using the set
♫♪Yippee-Skippee
for our card class." 

See what I mean? Loads of yippee-skippee fun for all.

Anywho ... I had fun creating this card as well. And I've got a tip for you: save those scraps from your rubber stamp sets! I created my own background by stamping solid circles of various sizes onto card stock. And where did I get the circle stamps? They are the rubber pieces left over after removing the die-cut stamp from the rubber in certain stamp sets.

Use these leftover rubber pieces for stamping!
Stamp set images © STAMPIN' UP!
The Daydream Medallions stamp set has several circles left over, and the new Chalk Talk stamp set also has one. We used this technique at convention last year on this cute gift box.

After stamping the circles, I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark and heat embossed it with Early Espresso Embossing Powder.

Dry embossed details give the banner texture and add interest

For the banner pieces, the Pear Pizzazz strip was trimmed using the Finishing Touches (zigzag) Edgelit die and then embossed using the Chevron Embossing Folder. The Early Espresso piece is Core'dinations card stock cropped with the Hearts a Flutter Framelit, embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, and lightly sanded to accent the polka dots.

This will be a fun card to send to someone who is celebrating an event, milestone, or special accomplishment. Aunt Edna left you her shoelace collection? Yippee!!

Have a Yippee-Skippee week!

xoxo








Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Yippee-Skippee! (W-131341, C-131344)
Ink: Pear Pizzazz (131180), Pink Pirouette (126956), Daffodil Delight (126944), Soft Sky (131181), Wisteria Wonder (126985), VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Pear Pizzazz (131201), Naturals White (102316), Neutrals Core'dinations (129956), Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (126902)
Tools: Heat Tool (129053), Early Espresso Stampin' Emboss Powder (128980), Big Shot (113439), Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (130159), Finishing Touches Edgelits Dies (127010), Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (117335), Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127749), Stampin' Sanding Block (129367), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: 3/4" Pear Pizzazz Chevron Ribbon (130011)

Yippee-Skippee Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Yippee-Skippee Stamp Set © Stampin' Up!

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo