Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Stampin' Up! Road Trip!

By Stampingville: Vintage Road Trip Card

Woo Hoo! Isn't this road trip card a riot?  It's road trip time for me and lots of my favorite Stampin' Up! friends as we head to Convention, and I just HAD to make this card before I left.

The image is from the Shop Around Jumbo Wheel - a collection of vintage images reminiscent of old newspaper advertisements. You can isolate a portion of the image as I've done here, or use the entire image. Because it's a wheel, you can create your own background paper, roll it across a scrapbook page, or use it to dress up a plain box or bag.

After rolling the image onto cardstock, I simply trimmed the portion I wanted to use and attached it to a tag die-cut using the new Chalk Talk Framelits.

Vintage road trip image on Chalk Talk tag


To carry on the vintage theme, I layered my tag over a Paper Lace Doily and Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper. Used in this way, the embossed paper almost looks like old time wallpaper, doesn't it?

For a little more old fashioned appeal, I lightly sanded a piece of Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock to distress it, and layered it over Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim. Squee!!!

Happy 25th Anniversary, Stampin' Up!

Stampin' Up 25 Year Anniversary Logo
I'm SO excited for convention. This will be my sixth consecutive one and it's always a blast. Meeting up with friends, attending informative classes, awesome make & takes, swapping cards, fabulous on-stage project demonstrations, and lots of laughs. Did I mention Prize Patrol? It's a definite highlight to score some sweet new products!  Since this year marks the 25th Anniversary of Stampin' Up!, it is going to be extra special.


xoxo







Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Shop Around Jumbo Wheel (129587)
Ink: Calypso Coral (126983)
Paper: Calypso Coral (122925), Naturals White (102316), Neutrals Core'dinations 12" x 12" Cardstock (129956), Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper (126917)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Chalk Talk Framelits Dies (129983), Stampin' Around Jumbo Handle (103661)
Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doilies (129399), Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim (130021), Soft Suede 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (122967), Calypso Coral Baker's Twine (125573)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo