U Make Me Smile

U make me smile! Great masculine card.

Today's project is a super fast and fabulous card that would be terrific for a guy. Or a girl. Either way, this card is quick and simple and gets the point across!

This card looks so much better in person. I had a really hard time getting good photos of it. It's partly because of the card and partly because of the camera photographer.

A few weeks ago I dropped my camera on our ceramic tile floor. Sad, but true. It still sorta worked, but my photos were a little wonky sometimes.  So, I just got a new camera (yay!), but it’s much different than the last one. Hello, learning curve!

Pewter embossed grid on new Smoky Slate cardstock.

Anyway, the background image is the Off the Grid stamp - a smaller sized background stamp.  I stamped the image twice for this card, but the size will be perfect for tags and journaling cards. I embossed it using Pewter embossing powder on a card base of Smoky Slate.

The die-cut letter is cardstock, but the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies will also cut Coaster Board and chipboard, among other things.  I wanted to keep the thickness to a minimum on this card for mailing.

The smile sticker is from the Epic Day This and That Designer Stickers. The Epic Day This and That products have an eclectic/distressed look to them, which fit very well with the grungyness of the grid. I'm pretty sure that's a word.

To add a little interest and pick up the pop of color, I added yellow Candy Dots. Ooh, the Candy Dots are great! Very low profile, self-adhesive, and can be used with or without the coordinating brad bases. Very trendy.

And there you have it. A clean and simple masculine card you can whip up in just a few minutes. This. Weekend. Because it's FRIDAY!!!

I'm all smiles.

xoxo







Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Off the Grid (130736)
Ink: VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Smoky Slate (131202), Basic Gray (121044)
Tools: Heat Tool (129053), Pewter Stampin' Emboss Powder (124114), Big Shot (113439), Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies (127553)
Accessories: Brights Candy Dots (130931), Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper (131271)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments