Ch-Ch-Ch-Challenges

Lacy + Lovely Thank You Card

Hi all! I'm playing along with a couple of challenges ... and let me just say that I had more challenges getting this card made and posted  than the actual challenges themselves. Good grief.

Enough about my troubles. Let's talk about challenges. Namely these two:


A fun sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, and color inspiration via colourQ. It all seemed harmless enough. Bwahahaha. After my first idea got tossed across the room, I ended up creating this little gem. I actually had quite a lot of fun and really drew from the inspiration photo (in case you couldn't tell, haha!).

I started by creating images/circles for under the panel by stamping a doily image from the Lacy & Lovely stamp set. I used So Saffron ink and then colored the outside portion of the stamp using a Stampin' Write Marker.

I stamped the same doily image a second time in Real Red (Ruby Red is retired here), and cropped just the tiny center using the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. (It appears popped up in the photos, but it isn't!) The doilies were adhered to the card base in line with the circles panel openings.

Lacy + Lovely doilies framed by the Artisan Label Punch

For the circles panel, I stamped the border image from the Creative Elements stamp set in Basic Gray. After punching the circle openings, I added "frames" created using the Artisan Label Punch.

I added a ruffle to the side of the panel by scrunching Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon. The panel was then adhered to the card using Dimensionals.

The thank you greeting, also from the Lacy & Lovely stamp set, was heat embossed using Black Embossing Powder.

In the end, this card (finally) turned out very much like what I wanted and I'm really happy with it. Getting a great photo of it was yet another story.

Sigh.

Ever have one of those days?

Have a trouble free Monday!

xoxo







Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products


Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Lacy & Lovely (W-132025, C-122887); Creative Elements (W-128523, C-122647)
Ink: Basic Gray (126981), So Saffron (126957), Real Red (126949), Neutrals Collection Stampin' Write Markers (131261), VersaMark (102283)
Paper: Real Red (102482, Whisper White (100730), Naturals White (102316)
Tools: Heat Tool (129053), Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (109133), 1" Circle Punch (119868), 1-1/4" Circle Punch (119861), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Artisan Label Punch (130920), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon (125583)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. So pretty and elegant! I love the ruffled seam binding ribbon peeking out from the edge! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! The two challenges went hand in hand perfectly.

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the punch of red and yellow! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! Loved playing along.

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely design. I love the ruffled ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Gayle, love that ribbon border! So happy you joined in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sylvia. First timer at the colourQ!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo