Masculine Birthday Chevron Cards

Never too much happy | Stampingville

If you saw my post on Monday, you know it was hubby’s birthday last week. I got to use a new punch on his birthday card and I really like how it turned out. This birthday card is great for a guy, but it’s appropriate for anyone.

The Chevron Border Punch, making its debut in the Holiday Catalog (page 23), can be used in lots of creative ways – the most obvious as I’ve done here by simply punching a strip of cardstock. (Check back tomorrow for a card using the punched bits from the Chevron instead.)

I Am Me Designer Series Paper peeks through the chevron border


I’m loving playing around with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. It’s not a go-to look, but I do see myself using this set often for some background interest.

The “happy” sentiment from the Yippee-Skippee stamp set, paired with the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from the You’re Amazing stamp set makes a clever combination for a fun twist on birthday wishes.

Inside of Masculine Birthday Chevron card


The full supply list for my card is listed below, but meanwhile I had to show you THIS:

H is for Happy | Stampingville - Card by Sue Dillon


Another great birthday card for a guy!

My good friend (and sister demonstrator) Sue created this striking birthday card for hubby as well. I love it and so did he!

This clean and simple card uses the Occasions Alphabet stamp set along with the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies. The card front features the negative of the letter H die-cut and on the inside she used the “H” die-cut itself along with the rest of the sentiment from the stamp.

I really like the color combo she used: Bermuda Bay and Baked Brown Sugar. The small pops of color are perfect against the Naturals Ivory cardstock. The Chevron embossed background gives this card just the right touch.

xoxo







Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Yippee-Skippee (W-131341, C-131344); Gorgeous Grunge (W-130514, C-130517)
Ink: Basic Gray (126981)
Paper: Basic Gray (121044), Pool Party (122924), Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730), I Am Me Designer Series Paper (130138)
Tools:  Chevron Punch (132154), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Subtles Designer Buttons (130030), Hung Up Cute Clips (129389)

Did you enjoy today's projects? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments